Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change : Swingers Discussion 723611011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDid I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change
TOPIC: Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 51   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is funny it took 10,000 years to bring about the first extintion I think it was called the prenial extintion or something like that. You had a line of volcanic eruption about 300 miles long that never stopped. Now the question is how long have man been emitting these gases in the air.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Who gives a shit JNM I dont there is nothing we can do about it according to your experts the damage is to extensive to fix. Obviously the damage started a long time ago.Long before this president, and what did Mr. Clinton do for this situation there JNM? Exactly SUVs were on the road when he was president and he rode around in one him self so whats up. Bush is not the one to blame.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky,

Unfortunately, because of denial, I am beginning to believe what you have stated may be true.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
There is no way we can be prepared for what is coming sens. No amout of readiness is gonna save Millions of people.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky,

Very well put and staying on point.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
OK I was kidding around seriously, but you must admit your constant siding with terrorist and siding with Chavez kinda makes us all wonder where your loyalty lies...

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
(not meant in anyway to offend my Arab and Muslim brothers) The party on 9-12-01 must have been a hoot with fried chicken and water melon...and colt 45 beer...

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Global warming, Is a natural event. All the technology since the turn of the century has caused this situation not GWB. Any one here remember the Indian that shed a tear about pollution? It is all connected, Water pollution, Air pollution, and fossil fuel usage and coal all related to energy.The Idea that one man is responsible is insane thinking. The CDC has stated that in all actuality CO2 levels have decreased since the turn of the last century by 57%.Less coal usage and cleaner burning auto's and trucks. The increase in the use of trains has also helped in this situation. But if America wants to blame anyone it should be them all by their selves. The world has been changing since the beginning of its birth. There was a time when there was just one continent on the planet with vast oceans and then the earth changed again and again and so on til today. You think global warming is a concern? well so do I but nothing is going to compare to the global change that is yet to come. The tsunami in 2005 is the tail of the tape for what is to come. We actually have been pretty lucky for the last 200+ years no catastrophic changes in the earth crust, and that change is not if but when. I hope in my life time I don't see this change, but with every passing day our luck is running out and this change will occur.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"Those who hate Hilary Clinton just know that she was instrumental in endorsing these projects. Love or hate her...she is surely not a lazy person sucking up space in congress. She is active in the local area here." -------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually, Anthony Depalma of the NY times on 13 March 2006 wrote an article concerning this issue. The article pointed out that this was a project proposed and started by George Pataki, then Governor of NY, and proactively approved with additional funding by President George W. Bush. The article also went on and stated this was a bi-partisan effort with support from equal sides of the isle. The article addressed those against this project and cited that dissent rested equally among state elected democrat and republican officials.

A follow up story in both the NY Times and the NY Sun, in June 2006, provided a comparison with European countries that have used this technology for 10 years or more. The article only referenced countries that are somewhat close to New York in size and population. All the countries cited have far more windmills, 3 to 10 times, then New York will have. The positives was these countries ability to harness and provide parts of their own energy needs. The negative points were that 3 out of the 5 countries will be well above their emission standards set by the Kyoto Treaty.

As far as Hillary and what she has done for Upstate New York is questionable at best. When she first ran, as an outsider, she claimed that she would work o invigorate Upstate New York. Her voting record, as well as her actual support in business, reflects that her comments applied to the NY City, not the state as a whole.

From Albany:

"Between 1990 and 2005, the pro-business Public Policy Institute reports, private-sector jobs rose 23 percent nation-wide, but an almost negligible 3 percent upstate. Binghamton saw fully 10 percent of its private-sector jobs vanish.

Not by coincidence, local taxes have gone ballistic. That impacted the lose of employers (and residents) to leave. Even in NY city, high taxes have kept growth below that of the nation."

I grew up in Upstate New York, and I am disappointed every time I visit my family in how Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse etc, all seem to look more and more empty and depressed. The Niagara Falls area looks terrible, while the Canadian side has expanded, and become more vibrant and enticing to tourism. I love Upstate New York, the countryside, the parks, the mountains and the falls themselves are so beautiful. The people of the state have been taking tax abuse, at the personal and business level, from both sides of the political isle for years. According to Albany over 85 cents of every tax dollar goes to NY city. It is my opinion, that until the voters of the state throw out the "status quo" of rich, spoiled, uncaring politicians, nothing will change. With what NY state has in farm resources, vacant factories, industrial facilities and commercial land, as well as it's natural beauty and historic attractions, it should be one of the leading states in employment, opportunities and tourism.

I do not think a politician should be proud, when areas she claimed she would help, are poorer and more rundown, while much of the rest of the country has experienced growth under their local leadership.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
DebJack

"ANd the hullaboo about Co2, interesting, it makes plants grow making more oxygen"

Evidently it depends on the age of the trees. I've got an uncle in WVa who is a Forester (has a degree) owns and operates a mill and owns and maintains oak forests. Got curious one day to see if he had a website, which he does and explains how they maintain a forest, what constitutes a health forest. The website states that when trees get old they start consuming oxygen instead of making it. Therefore, part of managing the forest is cutting the older trees and planting.

My point is they do "preventative maintenance" to insure the forest is healthy. Why not treat the green gases preventatively JUST in case the scientists you believe in are wrong. Clean up the air and it really doesn't matter which scientists are wrong.....we'll still be better off for it in cleaner air to breath.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 51   End
TOPIC: Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change