Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change : Swingers Discussion 72361
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDid I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change
TOPIC: Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change
Created by: JNMforPGHFUN The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 51   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Not to mention when and if we did sign on to a treaty such as this we all ways end up paying the lions share of the cost to inact such a treaty. ie. The United Nations. Let nations take responibility for them selves. As we are clearly trying to do.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lucky

"Global warming, Is a natural event."

Ok, I'll defer to yours and Perfect's vast scientific knowledge. The hell with 2500 world scientists.

" All the technology since the turn of the century has caused this situation not GWB"

I don't know who you're replying to here. I for one did not blame it on Bush and don't recall anyone who has.

Are we not a part of Nature? are we not living on this planet. see you are looking at this all wrong we are nature and we are not that strong the earth is tougher than you think.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
We fuck this up and in 100 years it would be too late to do anything about it except to say OOPS! They said the same thing about green house gas and the scare tactics for 60 years. Remember war of the worlds? not say this will happen but it scared the fuck out of a lot of people. 1 Look all I am saying is be prepared for the worst of all events. Imagine a 8.4 earth quake on the west coast. Monster tsunami effecting both side of the Pacific. Be ready is all I am saying all this worry is a waist of time. When we could be preparing on how to save lives. The earth is always changing get used to it. 2 I have thought on this for a long time and no I am no scientist there St. Pete, But I will tell you this we are over due for a fuck up and not the man made variaty.Look God or Mother Nature gave us the ability to think right? I mean evolutuion gave us the tools to make the change.Do you think we came up with this shit over night and it wont get fixed over night, it takes time but in order to fix it we need to know the exact cause and if it is CO2 then we can fix it but imagine the surprise when we make the changes we deem necessary and the ice caps keep melting all that time waisted. We need to prepare for the enevitable and think about what if for a change.Instead of pointing boney fingers at each other. It is coming and there aint nothing we can do about it but be prepared.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
StPete Wrote:

"So what's your take....do nothing? or If it is made worse by mankind, let's just go all out and really fuck it up cause we won't make it anyway? Now who's being a pessimist?" ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I think most of us agree we need to take reasonable measures to off set "Global Warming" regardless of the cause. Unlike JNM, I have never heard this administration say Global Warming is not currently happening. The administration and many scientists just differ on whether it is a natural phenomenon, man made or a combination of both. There is also much data that suggest it is circular. Please, remember many of the same scientists who are screaming about Global Warming were the same ones who frightened the public via the media throughout the 1970s about the coming ice age.

However, getting back to your point, a little prevention is a good thing. Maybe my problem has more to do with the poster children of "Global Warming" i.e., Al Gore and Larry David and his wife. They preach Global Warming but live lifestyles that as individuals put more "bad gas" in the air then you or I ever will. It seems they want the regular Joe to sacrifice, but do not practice what they preach. Example: Larry David and or his wife have a private jet and make an average of 3 to 4 trips per week "red eye" back and forth to New York. Yet, when they were in Reno, they complained about SUV's. The Aircraft they use pollutes the air on average of 2000 SUVs that go though a full tank of gas, just on one leg. On the round trip, that is 4000 SUVs. When you compare that they are polluting the air in a 24 to 36 hour average run three times a week versus 2000 SUVs that fill up an average of once a week, it seems to me that is insincere.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
So what's your take....do nothing? or If it is made worse by mankind, let's just go all out and really fuck it up cause we won't make it anyway? Now who's being a pessimist?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
We fuck this up and in 100 years it would be too late to do anything about it except to say OOPS!

We dont have 100 years!!! and it wont be global warming that does it. chances are it will be a meteor and or severe eath quake out break or Valcano's or Iran and NK.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
perfect

"It's about time you listen to reason. :-) .

There are far more scientists in the world than 2500. "

Ok now you know my tongue was in my cheek so far I looked like I had 4 or 5 pieces of DoubleBubble don't you? LOL

Yes I know there are far more scientists in the world than 2500 but what I don't know is how many are in this particular field. I do however understand the spoken language and the news that I listened to said there were a "few" scientists making up a minority that refutes man caused global warming. Again my theory is better safe than sorry. We fuck this up and in 100 years it would be too late to do anything about it except to say OOPS! If we do something even if we're the only country to do something then we're all better for it. I won't say anymore on the issue as my experience is there is no mind changing here. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

LOL have a good one

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Lucky

"Global warming, Is a natural event."

Ok, I'll defer to yours and Perfect's vast scientific knowledge. The hell with 2500 world scientists.

" All the technology since the turn of the century has caused this situation not GWB"

I don't know who you're replying to here. I for one did not blame it on Bush and don't recall anyone who has.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
In case you didnt get it the first time... Global warming, Is a natural event. All the technology since the turn of the century has caused this situation not GWB. Any one here remember the Indian that shed a tear about pollution? It is all connected, Water pollution, Air pollution, and fossil fuel usage and coal all related to energy.The Idea that one man is responsible is insane thinking. The CDC has stated that in all actuality CO2 levels have decreased since the turn of the last century by 57%.Less coal usage and cleaner burning auto's and trucks. The increase in the use of trains has also helped in this situation. But if America wants to blame anyone it should be them all by their selves. The world has been changing since the beginning of its birth. There was a time when there was just one continent on the planet with vast oceans and then the earth changed again and again and so on til today. You think global warming is a concern? well so do I but nothing is going to compare to the global change that is yet to come. The tsunami in 2005 is the tail of the tape for what is to come. We actually have been pretty lucky for the last 200+ years no catastrophic changes in the earth crust, and that change is not if but when. I hope in my life time I don't see this change, but with every passing day our luck is running out and this change will occur.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 51   End
TOPIC: Did I hear Bush say there was the Serous challenge of global climate change