Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing : Swingers Discussion 675381071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 231   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Gary,

As much as I love Reagan, I reluctantly agree that he should of taken a harder stance on the rise of terrorism during his administration. That was one of the few things I thought he missed the long term outlook on. The same goes for GW.

However, at least both Reagan and GW recognize terrorism is a military problem. Based on the Dem's written and spoken positions they view it as just an annoying Law Enforcement problem.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Sen you hit the nail on the head. If we are going to lead then lead. If you have job to do then do it. You know what's right you know what you have to do. Take a page out of history...if Ronnie Reagan had listened to the critcs then we would not only be fighting Islamofacist we would be fighting the cold war as well( as if we are not).

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"Making a cap and a rate that the increases could be"...Why stop at healthcare why not gas,food cigarettes, shoes. Why stop at heathcare that should only be the start, the sky is the limit when it comes to price caps. While you are at why not make the minimum wage 20,30,40,60 even 100 dollars an hour.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Well I hope that you all are happy now that we going to hell in a hand basket.This election, I hope has taught the us repubilicans something. It makes so sense trying to appease, be what you say you are and run on it. If you are a consevative then be one. Case in point Joe Lieberman, he ran on his convictions and won. Even after losing to the nut Lament( intended).I believe that if the republicans had kept to our core principles and beliefs today would be a better day. Now we are in serious danger of losing the senate, if that happens then all we will have left is the whitehouse. Our president will have to rise to the occasion and be a true conservative ( ie time to break out the veto pen). Inresting times ahead... I can'y wait.

Miramar FL

Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I don't think government health care is the way to go. I think the government should stop the ridiculously high cost of medical care and nothing more. the cost of perscription drugs is ridiculous. Making a cap and a rate that the increases could be. healthcare can only increase in cost by x percent each year.

I think affordable and reasonable health care is the way to go. I don't want anything for free. I don't think anyone recieving assistance shouldn't be working they should. I know that not everyone is rich and not everyone is lazy. I think if everyone works they should be able to have healthcare for themselves period. If that means making the employers provide at least some of that cost and the worker to copay it. That's not how it is. Not everyone has the option. Alot of people are hiring 20 part time employees keeping them just under 36 hours so as to not have to help provide for the most important thing to anyone health care. I am not against someone working and trying to get things in order recieving assistance.I understand companies close and jobs get lost and needing alittle help to get us by. I am against people other than the elderly and disabled being able to sit around and do nothing and live off the government. You want help its there for you but you have to help yourself also. ( if I had my way )

The illegals in this country should get absolutely no assistance. Take away the we can live pretty much free with 50 of us in one place. Take away the appeal to come here. That would definately help slow the influx of them.

So I never would have said that.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Come over to my corner of the world, Perfect, I let you sit on my lap for your time out.

Jan

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(12035 posts)
Boy, this is scary - lol. Again, I concur with Akron. I always thought that right after 911 Bush got it right "You are either with us or against us". However, after the whining from the FAR left and from countries like France, Bush backed off and started playing that PC game of not wanting to hurt someone's feelings. Too hell with that, terrorist laugh at feelings and use the PC mottos to their own benefit.

We should of leveled anything that supported, was linked or "smelled" like a terrorist. Afghanistan and Iraq had no understanding of freedom and democracy, so after the invasion ended we should have instituted strict Martial Law. That was what Afghans and Iraqis were already use to, so it would have been easier to SLOWLY introduce them to freedoms, while teaching them that with freedom comes restraint, accountability and respect for their own people. That was how we ran Japan, Germany and Italy immediately after WWII.

However, Bush become too concerned with World opinion and tried to provide the Iraqis and Afghans with something they had never had - freedom from the start.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I concur with Akron. Although I am a big supporter of Powell, it seems their is too much unspoken animosity between the President and Powell. At this time, not a good mix, it needs to be someone open to a good working relationship.

Don't know much about Rumsfields successor.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I just checked Santorum's voting record. He never voted for amnesty. In 1996, twice he voted against bills that would have limited the ability of guest workers, those here legally, from bringing in familiy members.

Other then that his votes throughout the rest of his terms show he is against any rights or amnesty for illegal immigrants while being very supportive of the rights of legal immigrants.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
mojority = majority

man hubby did me reall good this morning I have mojo on the brain.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 231   End
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing