Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing : Swingers Discussion 675381051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 231   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Akron do you forget Iraq didn't fly those planes into our towers..lmfao...

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Perhaps every country does something to piss someone else off, but most people handle their flustration and anger in a civil manner. They start a political movement, they go on tv, they have advocates within the UN. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with "unfair" policies. Terrorism is the wrong way and only leads to a strong reaction from the victom country. With spain and france being two exeptions........Nobody has the right to threaten violence if they don't like economic or geo-political policy. Civilization can't remain civilized if people can hold it hostage with violence. That is the point of the war on terror. Civilization is at stake.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
nobody left the hunt for bin ladin, he's more likely in Pakistan, a place we can not officially send troops less we get an ally government overthrown by extremists. So we have to use targeted covert ops to nail him, having thousands of troops sitting in Afganistan won't make Bin Ladin cross the border so we can catch him, Hell he could even be in Iran for all we know. Nobody has given up on looking for him, he is one man who is being protected by thousands of radicals. It's not that easy.

If we weren't in Iraq, Libs would be calling for us to "re-deploy" out of Afganistan, because we would be "creating" more terrorists with our presence there. Pick ya poison.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
When we left the hunt for Bin Laiden and entered iraq we sure in hell did. Opened one big old can of middle eastern worms.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Don't you think we already did. Even if it hasn't come to full blows yet. I believe we have started WWIII .

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Joe,

I would agree with you except for two things:

1. Pulling out will not stop terrorism from spreading to our or Europe's shores, it will only speed up the process.

2. Pulling out will not just result in a civil war, but the ability of Iran to move in after the war exhausts the Iraqis, which will lead to the start of a new and more dangerous Persian Empire.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Maybe Redhot made a good point......not on purpose but still. Maybe a civil war in Iraq might not be such a bad thing. We had one, and afterwards our economy shot through the stratusphere! Perhaps Iraq needs to go through that stage as well. I say after 2 more years if they still can't come together in peace, then let them fight it out. Keep some troops around the more peaceful areas of Iraq and let the violent areas fight it out.

I just hate seeing our soldiers in a situation where their efforts and sacrifice are not being appreciated by the people they are fighting to help protect. The Iraqi's seem to want us out yesterday, if they keep saying it, then maybe we should consider giving them their wish. I would like us to focus our military on developing tactics, technology, and strategy for future warfare in that region. I think we have seen just about all of the dirty tricks they use, we need to find a way to neutralize each tactic, counter and crush those cowards. I think this war is important for that reason. We need to understand what we are going to be up against from now on, Iraq is the future of warfare.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Damn Poly! You go girl, good post!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I was watching Chris Matthews and then Joe Scarborough, both on MSNBC, do Election Wrap-up 2006 shows last night. On both, the Democrat Pundits talked about the need for moderates like Chuck Shumer to work behind the scenes to keep Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid from doing something that would damage the dem's chances in 2008.

I thought those suggestion were smart as I believe Shumer is much more moderate and balanced then Pelosi or Reid. However, it does make me want to raise the question as to why the Democrats don't select different people to be the leader of the House and Senate? If they believe, even remotely, of a chance that either Reid or Pelosi could do something to alienate American voters, why chance it? Evem though they brought it up, neither show answered or addressed that concern.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Joe

Maybe the first I've almost totally agreed with you. The dems must impress over the next two years.

Dave

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 231   End
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing