Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing : Swingers Discussion 675381011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 231   End
User Details are only visible to members.
lntncpl

The democrats have moved to the center for other positions of leadership. Murtha was soundly defeated by Hoyer even tho Pelosi endorsed Murtha. Seems to me that the rank and file of the democrat caucus has moved toward the center. Therefore, I am hopeful with "all" (dems & reps) wanting to win in 2008 neither party can appear to be "obstructionists".

Dave

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
The solution to political corruption may be in how we as Americans evolve as a culture. We have become a more selfish society, therefore is it really a big surprise to find selfish shitheads running things in Washington? I have always believed that politians are kind of like a glance in the mirror, at least here in America. If we can raise the next generation with better values and with a "It's not all about you" attitude then maybe we will see the day when politians are interested in doing the people's work.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Worked around too many of them. Experienced first hand the selfish, loathing attitude many of them have towards the American people. Don't get me wrong, some I met were decent and believed they were serving the people, but it seemed the majority were in it for power, money, women etc.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
LOL...no, no...the unfortunate remark was about my mistrust of politicians

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
...and unfortunately, because of my jaded opinion of many politicians, I concur with Akron.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
...but JMN, when those Liberals state that conservatives are "unfeeling and uncaring", they are also generalizing and mocking all conservatives. The unfairness goes both ways and I think the sarcasm by Akron was trying to point that out. Maybe I am wrong.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JMN wrote:

"Theres that "feel" thing again to describe liberals and democrats. We just "feel" our way through life." I feel" for ya Akron. I really do." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually, the "feel" description was started and promoted by many who claim to be liberals. Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Howard Dean, Charles Rangel, etc, have been quoted repeatedly over the years that unlike the unfeeling, uncaring conservatives, Liberals are much more in touch with how others "feel", and therefore can effectively legistate because of that. If you go back through the forums you will even find a poster who lectured me on how those in Hollywood, and the music world are better people; and more intelligent because of their ability to "feel".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
redhot wrote:

"....Your bias is showing...and bias blinds. I would have praised any side that sponsored it. You may believe I am a liberal, and you are partly correct, but I am also a conservative, I do not hold any bias, with the exception of being against stupidity, which is rampant on both sides..." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everyone holds biases. To say you hold none scares the hell out of me. It is those who recognize their bias and attempt to work through and within those biases that prove to be good leaders, good listeners and the most open minded people. That applies across the board whether someone is a Democrat, Republican or non-partisan.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Agreed...Roger is a little more even keeled then Rush - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I loved Michael Medved....but we no longer get him in Northern Nevada. I guess I need to get Sirius or XM radio.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 231   End
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing