Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing : Swingers Discussion 6753810101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 231   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Perm wrote:

"I am dissapointed that we didn't get to vote on gay marriages and marijuana. Those things were not on our voting tickets here. I wonder how many states actually had those things on the ballots and why not the rest of us. Those issues effect all of America not just a few places.

We got one question vote and that was about paying soldiers 22,000,000 owed to them from the Gulph War. " ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You need to contact and push your state representatives. I believe 4 states, including mine, here in Nevada, had the MJ/drug legalization initiative. I also believe 7 states had the gay marriage initiative on their state ballot. All were defeated.

Here in Nevada, the MJ would of passed if it was termed decriminalization versus legalization and if the initiative would not have stated that only permanently disabled injuries caused while under the influence would be considered criminal in nature.

The gay marriage initiative MIGHT have passed if the term marriage would have been replaced with civil union. However, the gay activist who pushed to have this on the ballot refused that compromise. Their loss.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I would say since not everyone got the marijuana question and gay marriage guestion not allthe american people spoke just those in those states that had those choices.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I am dissapointed that we didn't get to vote on gay marriages and marijuana. Those things were not on our voting tickets here. I wonder how many states actually had those things on the ballots and why not the rest of us. Those issues effect all of America not just a few places.

We got one question vote and that was about paying soldiers 22,000,000 owed to them from the Gulph War.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I must be missing something. I voted for 6 republicans, 2 Democrats and 1 Independent here in Nevada. Every one of them won. At the Federal level, Nevada republicans dominated. The two democrats I voted for were both state level positions. Across the US, republicans lost 32 national seats but won or maintained around 245 (between the House and Senate).

From my perspective, on a national level, the Democrats did not win anything. America CAUTIOUSLY gave them just enough control to see if they can do anything better. Conservatives are disappointed with many republicans concerning spending and the rapid growth of government. These two things are not what the core conservatives believe in.

On individual ballot initiatives, the people spoke by not approving the legalization of marijuana/drugs and gay marriage. These are considered staples of the Democrat party.

If the Democrats were so popular they would have won more then just a few seats over half. Nope - the country is still fairly moderate in it's thinking, as people showed they were more disappointed in many actions by sitting republicans then any confidence they felt in Democrats.

I find it odd and just another thing I am disappointed in, but many republican seats that were lost were ones where the sitting republican was considered fairly popular and moderate in the views. These seats were not provided much support from the core party republicans that allowed spending to get out of control and the ones that acted like democrats in expanding government. I apply this example to Arizona and J.D Hayworth, who lost his seat. He was considered a likable candidate with moderate views. Even all his ballot initiatives in Arizona passed I.e., the official language of the state is now English, the people voted against same sex marriages and the people voted not to provide anymore benefits to illegal aliens. These were all initiatives that Hayworth helped author and sponsor, yet the republican party did not provide much national support on his re-election campaign. Hayworth was known at the federal level to vote against many of the non-military spending bills and all of the government growth bills that the hard core republicans were approving. Like many moderate republicans, it did not endure him to those in control of the party.

They need to get their heads out of the ass, as Hayworth and republicans like him, are more in line with moderate to conservatives then the hard core republicans who control the party. I think JMN stated something to that effect in an earlier post and on that point I agree.

However, we can not harp on the past, only look to the future. Hopefully, the words that Pelosi and Chuck Shumer spoke last night of working with both sides and addressing many of the PEOPLES concerns will hold true. Despite Pelosi’s clear and negative comments during her 60 minutes interview, we have no choice and for the sake of our country, to try to remain cautiously optimistic.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Hey Perm, maybe we should police our own country first, what a thought.

Jan, who loves the way you thnk.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12122 posts)
I agree Iraq is the wrong war at the wrong time. Do I agree that it needed to be done. You bet your ass I do. I just don't think we could afford to put out all the money we have to invade 2 seperate countries at once. It was biting off more than we can chew. Just my oppinion. I also don't believe Bush is truthful about his motives but that can't and probably never will be proven.

Do I support our troops sure in hell I do. Do I think Kerry should be slapped for saying what he did you better believe it. Do I think bringing the troops home now is the answer now way in hell. I don't like what we are into but we are knee deep in it and have to finish it. Pulling out now would prove disasterous to Iraq and irresponsible of us. We chose to police the world we must fix this before we move anywhere. Then we can concider not policing the world ever again and start just keeping our sights on America sure. But to do that now would be a huge mistake and the consequences of that are beyond any reconing I want to endure.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Sarcasim, I just love it, truly I did. Jim calls me the queen of it. Maybe Kerry does, it would be one thing we agree on then. My nephew is 21 years old in the Marines, do I see him as a baby, you fucking right I do especially when I only have 2 blood nephews. Do I want him home, yep, sure do. I want him to have a full and wonderful life, maybe that is so wrong for me to want for all those babies, but that is not what the topic is about now is it?

With all the negativity about the split of parties, this country will never survive. Maybe head to the church to pray for unity among fellow human beings along, bad thought, I am sure.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12122 posts)
Dan, you hunk of a man you, no wonder I just adore you. Yes, I want the troops home, do I want victory, of course, I am a stars and bars woman. Do I have any expectations. NO, one thing I learned being a single parent is NEVER to expect anything, and the same actually goes forth in every aspect of my life, including the lifestyle, of course. My hope is to see the State of PA take better care of its elderly, truly. What on earth should a 91 yr old woman who lives on a majorly fixed income, being paying school taxes? Come on, half of the elderly don't even make that in a 2 month SSI payment. I feel that the State's elderly population who fought in the wars, or the women that had to do whatever they had to do to keep their families together, should be a very high priority on the "list of things to do for the State of PA". Will it ever happen, doubtful, but it is one of the things I pray for.

Red, thanks for having the sensitivity of a woman's perspective on the "baby" issue.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12122 posts)
Now who is generalizing? I am stating the fact that MOST of the troops serving are IMO still babies, especially if they were one of those babies that us women gave birth too. As a woman, I personally still consider my youngest, my baby, therefore, the babies I refer to are young men and women who haven't had a chance to experience life, besides in a war zone, and may never get that chance to either. Please don't not put me in the same category as Dean, Kerry or any other Dem. One thing this country will NEVER control is me, the individual I am nor my beliefs. I never believed we had the right to go to war in the first place and should never still be there. So hopefully this change is for the better and EVERYONE can start trying to bring unity to the United States of America first and foremost, because the U.S.A. is not in good shape. Maybe this will be a good thing, maybe not, but no one can foresee the future and where we are going, so I will just sit back and enjoy another ride through life.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12122 posts)
Is there a breeze in here? Oh...never mind. It is the wind of change I am fealing.

In response to Akrons post. I am a democrat because I served in the military.

Liverpool NY
Username hidden
(629 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 231   End
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing