Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing : Swingers Discussion 67538
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Well according to news reports the Dems may have a good chance of walking away with both the house and senate. If that were to happen would this government become more bi-partisin or less? What would happen to many of the Anti-terror programs? What about the tax cuts? Would it help or hurt the market? Someone said that Bush's last years in office would be "hell on wheels" if the Dems take over. Do you think it could really get that bad?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 231   End
User Details are only visible to members.
lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
To answer the Topic Question - BAD VERY VERY BAD!!!

But good for the Repubs in 08, cause after the DemoRATS show how bad they are for the country(Already doing so), there is no way they will get a DemoRAT in for Pres.

Fred Thompson For Pres 08!!!!!!

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
Did the Dems really care about passing the war supplemental bill? Or were they more concerned with scoring political brownie points for 2008? I would say the latter. They knew purposely made sure that the bill would get vetoed. It's a disgrace. They should have saved the debate for another bill and made sure that the troops had the proper resources to do their job. It was a punk move pure and simple and I admire the Ralph Naders and Dennis Kusinnichs who have the balls to say cut the funding. I don't agree with them, but compared to Queen Polosi.......they seem to be more genuine. The dems seem to only care about maintaining and gaining power, gee that sounds strangely familiar.........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
well that was they ran on. u can't then complain when they win and that's what they do. arguably, since the won, that's what the majority wants them to do... certainly they have "done" something whether people agree or not.

i am not saying that i totally agree or disagree with what they have done but i disagree with posts that are soo politically slanted that they cannot withstand factual scrutiny. imho saying that they haven't done anything is not correct..

"they haven't done anything that i agree with" - fine

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
agree or not, they have passed 6 major bills (at least according to them) since January.

9/11 commission - 68 repub voted yea

minimum wage increase - 82 rebup voted yea

stem cell research - 32 repub voted yea

prescription drug costs - 24 yea

student loans - 124 repub yea

energy policy tax incentive roll back - 36 repub yea

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Michael Lowry, a spokesman for Representative Robert Aderholt, said that the Alabama lawmaker will visit Syria as part of a Republican delegation led by Representative Frank Wolf, a Virginia Republican. Wolf is the top Republican on the House appropriations subcommittee that funds the State Department.

What is Wolf doing then?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
You can run but you can't hide, Care. hehehe

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
The Germans had one of the best economys in the world during wwII, technological and medical innovation that still effects our lives to this day. They were known as a very hard working and industrius people, yet they still fell due to the poison of their Idealology. Hell you could say the french are one of the "laziest" countries on earth, yet they're still kicking around.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I dissagree Red I'm sure that their are some very hard working well informed civilizations that have fallen as well. Civilizations rise and fall period. Being "fat and lazy" has nothing to do with people's disintrest into politics. People work hard and just don't feel as though they have the time between taking the kids to soccar practice and picking up dry cleaning to spend too much time following politics. People are busy, that's the main reason politians can skate by. We are blessed to have an economy that's stronger than the government. It would take a great deal for the government to mess up the economy, in a free market companies have incentive to make money and stay in business, they won't allow themselves to go under because of economic policy. Europeons are believed to be more "well informed" about politics yet their economies suck, just ask a young muslim french citizen how thier community's economy is doing. Yea I'll take our "materialistic" culture any day of the week over thiers.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
The best thing about a thin majority in the Congress and a Republican Prez is that the whole damn thing will be deadlocked and the gov't can't do anything.

Walnut MS
Username hidden
(24 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 231   End
TOPIC: Dems become Majority: Good or Bad thing