Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban : Swingers Discussion 736951011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban
TOPIC: Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks Jack. We DO have extremely liberal laws up here in some cases, laws that in some cases are far too liberal, IMO. But the police up here understand that criminals can gain possession of firearms as easy as the rest of us, and if they can't be on the spot to protect us, then its up to us. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
VA, right on! My philosophy has always been that if I don't have a gun, anything I DO have can be a weapon.

I don't mind the term "assault weapons" so much as I mind people who think that every gun owner is running around with a machine pistol strapped to their side. I certainly believe in "weapons ownership", but I don't believe that my neighbor needs to have a garage filled with anti-tank rockets (or machine pistols for that matter). Note the emphasis on the word "needs". If he wants, he can own whatever he damn well wants.

One thing about Vermont, and I'm outta here tonight. We are unlike most other states in the US. First, unless we live in the center of a town, we likely don't have neighbors close by. None of my neighbors can hear us, and only one can see us and then only in winter. We can't watch over our neighbors because of this. Ergo, we can have firearms when and where we like, pretty much. That does not mean that we carry them every minute of every day. They are not toys to us, they are for our well being.

And that doesn't make us preoccupied with our weapons (well, J is with his, but his weapon is much nicer than any gun, WEG). That means when we chose to live here, we also understood that the police are a half hour away at best and it is up to us to keep our home safe (the "us" and "our" here pretty much describes everyone living in our area). Just wanted to clarify since Vermont was mentioned earlier.

And Perfect? John says he'll compare his gun to yours any day! lol S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
valovers703,

Could not have said it better. Nice!

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"But the liberal media doesnt care jack shit about putting anything in perspective, if it bleeds it leads and damn the whole truth for the sake of the ratings."

Alas, it isn't just the liberal media that doesn't care about perspective or about the truth. These days it's pretty much a choice between somebody's bias and somebody else's bias.

No wonder our country is fucked up. Nobody tells us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. That doesn't leave us well-informed, does it?

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
This will be my first ever post in the Politics topic, and maybe my last.

I haven't read, and won't read, all the posts here. Just wanted to offer that this issue would be greatly aided by ridding our language of such inflammatory terms as "assault" weapon. WTF differentiates an "assault" weapon from any other weapon? Aren't all weapons, by definition, capable of being used for assault?

The word "assault" doesn't help to do anything but scare people. Let's define weapons by what differentiates them from each other. ANY weapon can be an "assault" weapon.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Jesus H Christ, Perfect. After talking to me, don't you realize that the statement you made - 30 towns in Vermont could be about 150-200 people. Whup-de-fuckin-do!" is totally off base.

First off, those 30 towns comprised about 1000 people. And the correct spelling is "Whoop De Fucking Doo". Get with the fucking program.

Susan (who is one Vermonter who understands the value of non-assualt weapons quite well, and in fact won't hesitate to use them). I believe Perfect knows the story. rofl

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
what the fuck is an AK711

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Pathetic!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Well I see JNm as one of those gansta liberals...he ain't gats no belt. He be walking wid is pants round is but.,

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
As the late great Bruce Lee said, the only thing a belt is good for is to hold up ones pants.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
TOPIC: Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban