Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban : Swingers Discussion 73695101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban
TOPIC: Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban
Created by: 38specials The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Now if they were able to put people on trial for being general pricks I would love to see Bob Corker (R-TN) in a courtroom.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Don't forget Ted Kennedy. I know the libs are going to scream ancient history but he has never seen the inside of a courtroom from a defendants chair with all he has done.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
hmm, i don't know anything about any bribe money or anything about the issue. i guess that would come down to a prosecutorial decision..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
well i was asleep and i guess i am a libby now...

as a lawyer who has tried many cases in both federal and state court i can honestly say that i don't understand your statement of "liberals don't go on trial"....in fact i can say not only that i don't understand it, that it does not make any sense.

i was not even referring to criminal trials when i made my post which was more of a tongue in cheek joke to mr perfect..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
unless u are trying to get a fair trial!! :P

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Any weapon owner who votes for a Democrat should be required to surrender it when they cast their ballot. Dems are so worried about the underclass that they serve to care about the safety of the decent citizens. In 20 plus years of practice, I have seen very few innocent people treat for firearm wounds. Most are one criminal who attecks another. Excellent practice for students and residents!

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2281 posts)
We do too, PA, and I've had to actually point it at someone twice (well, technically once since the second time, it was a state trooper too stupid to wear his uniform to "check" on me)!

I completely agree. My only fear is that in a place like DC, and in some neighborhoods in DC, they'll be having shoot-outs on the streets. That gives me a mental picture I'd rather not have. Otherwise, I have no problem with anyone protecting themselves from harm (I DO have a problem with people who don't understand that if you point a gun at someone, you MUST be willing to pull the trigger). S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Perfect, please don't tell me that you read my statement incorrectly. When I say "US", I mean citizens as a whole. If your interpretation of "protection" does NOT include catching criminals and investigating crime, then I guess we disagree. Both of those things fall under protection for citizens, IMO. Besides, you've met me, do you really think I would rely on the police in a less-than-pleasant situation?

On the other hand, I've known countless people in my life that I would never trust around a handgun, let alone loaded in their home. The balance that needs to be acheived is that everyone can protect themselves, with whatever weapon they own or have at hand, and the police are available when they are needed (hence my comment about the taxes that pay for the police to do just that). S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
No, Perfect, it isn't TOTALLY the job of the police, but our taxes go so that those police can be on the streets to PROTECT us. I've never met anyone who thinks that there will NEVER be a time when they'll have to protect themselves. But its always nice to realize that the police are one HUGE reason why we pay taxes! S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Aaah, it's great to live in suburbia where we have an alarm system that will notify the police or firemen instantly if we have a break-in or a fire.

But I still have 2 shotguns and 2 boxes of shells just under the bed on my side where I can have them loaded and ready BEFORE the police arrive!!!

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
TOPIC: Dems attempt to renew Assault Weapons Ban