Democratic Solution To The Filibuster: Make Them Talk : Swingers Discussion 212038101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDemocratic Solution To The Filibuster: Make Them Talk
TOPIC: Democratic Solution To The Filibuster: Make Them Talk
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
WASHINGTON -- The next time a minority of senators find something the majority supports to be objectionable, they may be required to take the Senate floor and explain just why they object. And when they're done with that, they'll have to keep talking, and talking, and talking.

The most persistent advice that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said he gets from liberals he meets across the country is as simple as it is frustrating: "Make them actually filibuster!"

The advice grew loud enough in 2009 that Reid's office leaked a memo to HuffPost explaining why exactly Senate Democratic leaders can't force Republicans to talk out their filibuster, Mr. Smith-style. In 2011, Reid flirted with filibuster reform, but backed off at the last minute, striking a handshake deal with Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) instead. That agreement -- that the two would cooperate to make sure the chamber ran smoothly -- lasted as long as one might expect.

Now, Reid is ready to pull the trigger on a change. "I was wrong," Reid said recently about his unwillingness to back a handful of junior senators who were pushing for reform.

With Reid's backing, the reform caucus stands a good chance of enacting rules changes. The plan they're putting forward is still taking shape as the reformers work to gather support, but its central tenets were laid out by Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) in an interview with The Huffington Post.

Merkley said that he first pitched filibuster reform to Reid in the summer of 2007, while he was being recruited as a candidate. The plan he put forward in 2011, he said, has been significantly revised.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
FUN-A-HOY! The self appointed hypocrisy police with the demonstated memory that's not as good as he thinks it is.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16721 posts)
"If in fact fun has recently posted referencing me, that would be in violation as I have blocked him for lies, unsolicited emails and threats made in the past -- in other words, typical liberal crap."

Since this seems to be the week for talking about the hypocrisy of certain conservatives who exemplify the traits they regard as "typically liberal," I'm finally getting around to responding to this bit of falsehood someone brought to my attention way back when. (I won't get too deeply into how chickenshit it is for AZZ to tell such lies behind someone's back after blocking them so they can't even see it). 

First, I have absolutely no recollection of EVER emailing AZZ, unsolicited or otherwise. Complete lie. It would be easy for AZZ to substantiate her allegation: temporarily unblock me, click the button for our email history, copy whatever is there, and post it here (my permission is granted; actually, I challenge AZZ to do this, but don't hold your breath). 

Second, what "threats" is AZZ alleging I ever made? If anyone on this entire site can remember me "threatening" anyone, please share. Otherwise, feel free to conclude that AZZ is once again talking out of the ass and making up shit. 

Finally, about telling "lies," see above. AZZ blocked me after the one and only instance when I took the time to call out the falsehoods she made in a despicable attack against a newbie poster, involving the Fast and Furious mess. I remember it quite well. 

AZZ won't be able to see this, so it would be nice if someone visible to her would C&P it. If she ever posts some excuse as to why she can't put up or shut up by posting copies of my (nonexistent) emails or (nonexistent) threatening posts, I'd be curious to see that too. 

#TypicalHypocrisy

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
How utterly dumb do you need to be to not be able to read this:

"Posted as a public service: Fun Ahoy says..... "

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3506 posts)
Azzhat is what Fun called you moron!

Not too sharp are ya son?

Lol

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3506 posts)
ghost,

Who the heck is "Azzhat"? I realize this is another question that you will conveniently ignore answering, but I will ask regardless. I don't recall "her" posting anywhere. If this is just another attempted cheap shot of yours, you have been told the female half does not post. If in fact fun has recently posted referencing me, that would be in violation as I have blocked him for lies, unsolicited emails and threats made in the past -- in other words, typical liberal crap.

There are several constant documented liars here, and while you are one of them, would you please explain who is "Azzhat" and where they have lied. Asking you for documentation is a waste of time, but I enjoy putting you on the spot exposing you for you false posts.

OK ghost, your turn to name call, insult and avoid the question --- again.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2340 posts)
"There were 386 filibusters during Harry Reid's six years as majority leader. And given how little Congress works, some of that has to be Mitch McConnell stopping by Harry Reid's family dinner to block passage of the mashed potatoes. " – Stephen Colbert

[Evidence of elementary school-yard bullying by the Senate minorith leader supports my prior claim that Republic-con Party statesmen are adult children. Colbert's humor is a party popper of accentuation to my insight!]

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6815 posts)
Piers Morgan helped demonstrate the nature of the creature Coulter when he interviewed her and asked about insulting the President by referring to him as a 'retard.' He thought it was a poor choice of words from an intelligent woman promoting her book on his program. She argued the meaning of words. She acted like a defiant, tempestuous teenage girl caught by her daddy with condoms in her pocketbook.

What a trip into Coulter Wonderland reveals about he microcosmic views of Coulter and the Beanery Boys Choir is that they are adults wearing business or business casual clothing who act and think like teenagers. Or adult children. Or junkyard raccoons.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6815 posts)
Posted as a public service: Fun Ahoy says.....

"AzzHat prolly ought to have a full-time factchecker assigned to her, for all the falsehoods she posts. But I can't do it. The one instance that I took the time to confront one of her many outright lies, she hurled a bunch of insults at me, deleted several of her posts, and then blocked me so that she wouldn't have to be troubled with facts. "AzzHat has zero credibility and is nothing more than a hack. Is anyone besides me amused that the people why cry the loudest about "dishonest liberals" never seem to find the time to debunk even one of the serial falsehoods from their own cohorts?"

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3506 posts)
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2340 posts)
ghost,

I'm not the cut and paste artist you are. If you and your equally challenged cohort mari, actually read what people post instead of your name calling and insults, you would see where it came from.

I do love when you lefties are cornered, you name call as you are unable to defend your own bs posts.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2340 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: Democratic Solution To The Filibuster: Make Them Talk