Dem Pres Candidates : Swingers Discussion 721181071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDem Pres Candidates
TOPIC: Dem Pres Candidates
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 84   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was not comparing him to lincoln, He cant hold a candle to him. What a fawkin maroon I was comparing 1861 to 2008, Things are alot different today.

And Obama might as well put a towel on his head he doesnt stand a chance.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
perfect wrote:

"Inexperience has always been claimed of candidates by both sides. I think you'll find that Dems are the only that say it's not a valid question when it's their guy." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your correct that the press and other politicians make a big deal out of it, but I think the public in general only evaluates experience as one of MANY factors, not a key factor. I am not a democrat, I am a conservative Independent, or some say a Libertarian, and I think experience is over rated. Plus, I have always felt that way. I agree with JMN that the ability to lead, inspire, etc, is a personal trait not one of experience. Where I disagree with Obama, and I feel the majority of voters also will, is his actual stances on issues. Since he will not address specific issues, we only have his voting record to consider and it is very much on the left. That in itself will derail him.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I meant to sayJim said the EXACT same thing last night.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12129 posts)
Well, if he didn't tell all, someone will. Just saying at least he brought something out before he decided to gather the exploratory committee. Sen, I just watched this 2 weeks ago, and he was very adament about not running and went into great detail about learning lessons. I agree about Richardson, and Akron, Jim said the EXACT same thing last name.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12129 posts)
I wrote:

"At this time, the Republicans have not put forward any candidate with "political" baggage." ----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, it should of been "WITHOUT "political" baggage".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Actually Gore has been quoted through his own people, and by members of the press, that he still wants to be President. ....and as far as the comment "his eyes and heart show he is not even thinking about it." It is my opinion he has no heart. Much like Hilary, for Gore it is not about leading, public service, serving the country etc., it is about Power. Professionally, I know the man, don't like the man, and I don't think the country as a whole holds him in high regard.

Obama's voting record, although not long, shows he is on the left not center. Both the far right and the far left only account for about 10 percent of the population. In Obama's favor, I think experience is over rated, JFK became President and he was not considered that experienced. In JFK's limited service as President, although his legacy was never fulfilled, he presented himself as a leader. I also believe that Obama's religious past has no baring on his ability to be a viable candidate. Most people I ask don't really care one way or another what a person's personal faith is. again, only the extreme left and extreme right make an issue out of faith. However, come debate time Obama's record, actual views and past stands would come out, regardless of the press not addressing them at this time.

Hilary is a formidable candidate, even though she has alienated the left. This is not a put down, but she will get most of the female vote, as we have a tendency as human beings to vote for "tend setters". I believe, the conservative and moderate Democrats will also vote for her. Many independents, as well as moderate Republicans will vote for her. At this time, the Republicans have not put forward any candidate with "political" baggage. Taking those two hand in hand, Hilary has a very real chance in becoming President.

I agree with those that like Bill Richardson. He is the politician I would consider voting for. His record is both one of conservative, moderate and liberal actions. I find him sensible, honest, well organized and one of the few true public servants.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
This is my point. DId he tell all? what else is there in his closet? we all have one.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
No, I do not, just said I admired his upfront and honest approach. How many others have done it? How many will do it before the skeltons start popping out? That's all I am saying, he at least came out with it before someone dug it up, so yes, I do admire that. I personally know none of the candidates, as I haven't met any of them.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12129 posts)
1861 vs. 2008? I dont know JNM? A fresh face and a nieve point of view can today make you impotant. We really dont need a Jimmie Carter right now we need leadership and knowledge.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Wild sez "Although I admire Obama's honesty and forwardness", Do you really know him that well to make that statement? Serious question not being an ass...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 84   End
TOPIC: Dem Pres Candidates