Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress : Swingers Discussion 2101051081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDebt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress
TOPIC: Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 305   End
User Details are only visible to members.
washingtonpost . com/opinions/death-of-the-war-powers-act/2011/05/17/AF3Jh35G_story . html

Interesting read. Another one of Obama's broken promises.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
You're talking in circles.

"""I mostly agree. Except that GWB put boots on the ground in major, sustained combat operations abroad for the first time since Vietnam. Afghanistan was an understandable and defensible response to Sept. 11. Invading Iraq was an elective war. "

"All of our wars have been elective"

So why mention GWB, who had authorization from Congress?????????

Again, get your partisan head out of your ass.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"All of our wars have been elective. The balancing of pros and cons weighs more heavily in favor of some than others. All Presidents have claimed the constitutional power of commander in chief; and all presidents (including Reagan and both Bushs) have taken action in contravention of the War Powers Act, sharing the belief that it's not constitutional. You should know this.

I do know it. duh. I posted it when I mentioned the War Powers act. Try reading.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Ultimately:

1: in the end

So the congress can pass a spending bill, the president can veto it, and Congress can ultimately make it law.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"You're like a little girl. Just say 'Congress ultimately controls spending""

There is NOTHING incomplete in the above sentence. You do understand the word 'ultimately'?

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Perf, here is the exchange between us I referred to, when you wanted to "get it settled" that Congress controls spending. 

By me:

"How about this: "Only Congress can appropriate funds. Congress cannot require the expenditure of those funds over a Presidential veto except by a 2/3 vote in both houses." 

Do you disagree with any of that?" ============= By you:

"You're like a little girl. Just say 'Congress ultimately controls spending"" ============= When I wouldn't agree to your (incomplete) statement, you stomped off like a child whose mama didn't buy him the toy he wanted: 

"Oh well, Debate over I guess."

So to clarify, Perf likes things simple and straightforward, until he doesn't. Leaving out "details" is "spinning," until he does it. My calling a President's decision to order an invasion "elective" is "ridiculous," even though he admits it was "optional." Got it. 

You have become a laughingstock of your own making. 

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10416 posts)
All of our wars have been elective. The balancing of pros and cons weighs more heavily in favor of some than others. All Presidents have claimed the constitutional power of commander in chief; and all presidents (including Reagan and both Bushs) have taken action in contravention of the War Powers Act, sharing the belief that it's not constitutional. You should know this.

Again, GWB would be the first to assert that the decision to invade Iraq was his. He was "the decider."

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10416 posts)
"I never left out the Veto. I said Congress has the ultimate power to override."

Lie. You even acted like a petulant child when I wouldn't agree to your exact wording of a statement about this.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10416 posts)
So for the Third time..........Which wars were, or were not, elective?????????????????

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
I never left out the Veto. I said Congress has the ultimate power to override.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 305   End
TOPIC: Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress