Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress : Swingers Discussion 2101051051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDebt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress
TOPIC: Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 305   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

I agree, if the picture is accurate. Yours isn't. 

It shows Congress in 2003-04 as being under split party control, when in fact Republicans controlled both houses. Also, although I agree that Republicans had effective control of both houses in 2001-02, they had only nominal control for half of 2001 (until Jeffords went Indy), and only the last few months of 2002 after Wellstone's death. 

Which brings up another point I have raised several times, with no response by you. Beginning in 1980 with "Reagan Republicans" aka "Blue Dog Democrats," Republicans often had effective control of congress even when Democrats had nominal control of one house or the other. 

Many, many bills were passed through nominally Democratic congresses by Republicans aided by a few conservative Democrats like Zell Miller. A simplistic approach like yours would give credit or blame to the Democrats for a policy, even though it was initiated and supported by Republicans but opposed by most Democrats. "Accurate," perhaps, but grossly misleading. 

Finally, your picture shows Presidential and Congressional control by calendar years, not by fiscal or budget years. E.g., it shows 1993 as a Clinton year, even though the budget fir FY 1993 was largely in place before he was sworn in. The same is true for 2001 which should "belong" to Clinton rather than Bush, and 2009 that should "belong" (mostly) to Bush rather than Obama.

Show me a real picture instead of a distorted and simplistic one, then we can talk. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
So, about that Anderson article you quoted. Were you not able to discern the reasons it is FOS, or do you just prefer to copy and paste stuff without bothering to critically analyze it?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
A picture is worth a thousand words.

en . wikipedia . org/wiki/File:US_Federal_Debt_as_Percent_of_GDP_Color_Coded_Congress_Control_and_Presidents_Highlighted . png

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16721 posts)
"You are getting legitimately raped! Give it up! Save yourself further embarrassment."

Even a broken clock is right twice a day....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3506 posts)
Your characterization of the article carries no weight.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16721 posts)
"One sure way to know you're right is when the dufus starts cheerleading."

I tend to make decisions about things on their merits, without being influenced by what one dufus or another thinks. Your "sure way" of knowing something seems like a dufus substitute for logical reasoning.

(Should I mention how funny it is that the Dufus Method of critical analysis is lauded by a dude whose asshole has been well-sniffed by Justus? Pretty mean, but what the hell).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
"DEFICIT SPENDING BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES

July 10, 2010 by I.M. Kane"

Nice piece of spin, but it wasn't written by Kane. It was by Jeff Anderson, a hack who often resorts to blatant misleading misquotes.

You prolly don't even recognize the central fallacy of the article. Simplistic "analysis" often appeals to the mentally lazy.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
"And you've provided NOTHING of substance to the conversation. Even the side you're cheering for is embarrassed when you open your mouth. The more an idiot like you thinks I'm wrong, the more everyone knows I'm right."

I'm sorry.. What substance were you adding?

Meaning, you're always right, and I'm always wrong. Got it.

Everyone knows you're right. So, you were arguing with yourself for the past two weeks? I don't agree. The one you were or were not arguing with, agrees you're right?

Even if he said, you're right, and he's wrong, though the quotes and sources prove otherwise, you would STILL continue this nonsense. There are those who read this, don't agree with your lies and waffles.... But are laughing over their popcorn.

Please continue to entertain us, dear jester....

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
"Dude, you are wrong. And have been since you started this tiff two weeks ago. "

And you've provided NOTHING of substance to the conversation. Even the side you're cheering for is embarrassed when you open your mouth. The more an idiot like you thinks I'm wrong, the more everyone knows I'm right.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16721 posts)
Cheer leading.... Is that what all of you on the right do?

Dude, you are wrong. And have been since you started this tiff two weeks ago.

Your REAL friend should have tugged on your coat and told you that you're making an even larger fool of yourself. But, continue to hang and dry....

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 305   End
TOPIC: Debt and Deficits -- Presidents and Congress