Death Panels Do we need them : Swingers Discussion 2192401045
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDeath Panels Do we need them
TOPIC: Death Panels Do we need them
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   45 to 49 of 49 
User Details are only visible to members.
NK:

I am hoping that you aren't suggesting that we kill the undesirables? For as much as I dislike the wealthy who aren't contributing to society... I could not support the ought right genocide of the less enlightened and more greedy.

Such actions are the final actions of the weak and the powerless. We as a species aren't on the verge of extermination or total death as to trim the fat which doesn't pay a living wage which strengthens us all... Take their wealth, throw them into the streets, ban them from making wealth greater than middle class and let them survive on the good graces of society.

But do not stoop to such low levels as killing the weak, both in body and mind.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
They shoot horses don't they?

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
NK:

Look at the arguments made by those claiming to be twice my age. They wouldn't know self sacrofice if it bitch slapped them and knocked their dentures out.

They made their lives horrid, worked harder than they had to by siding with the managers against the unions and their own self interest. They chose time and time again to chant self reliance, when their generation is more reliant on the government than any generation before or currently rising to power.

I don't look to receive Medicare or SS. I and many that I know of in my generation don't expect it to be there for our needs when we are in our sixties and to claim that we will live until our 90s is like saying we will live like the jetsons by 2012.

Where is my rosy? Where is my flying car? Where is my cloud city? Where is my anti gravity boots? And where is my robotic dog?

No, these people proudly profess to make their kids work hard. Which there isn't anything wrong with kids doing chores and learning the value of a dollar... But at 12-16 they ought not have to buy everything themselves and not fear being kicked out at 18.

The minimum of a good quality of life is a sound college edication. An education which should have started when the child was 3 years old and never ended until they had their masters degree.

These self proclaimed businessmen or hard workers don't know what is needed because they have worked too hard with their bodies and not with their minds to think of more than themselves. This Fjep's "greed is good" comments. As if he is a wall street investor's private cheerleader.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
NK:

Look at the arguments made by those claiming to be twice my age. They wouldn't know self sacrofice if it bitch slapped them and knocked their dentures out.

They made their lives horrid, worked harder than they had to by siding with the managers against the unions and their own self interest. They chose time and time again to chant self reliance, when their generation is more reliant on the government than any generation before or currently rising to power.

I don't look to receive Medicare or SS. I and many that I know of in my generation don't expect it to be there for our needs when we are in our sixties and to claim that we will live until our 90s is like saying we will live like the jetsons by 2012.

Where is my rosy? Where is my flying car? Where is my cloud city? Where is my anti gravity boots? And where is my robotic dog?

No, these people proudly profess to make their kids work hard. Which there isn't anything wrong with kids doing chores and learning the value of a dollar... But at 12-16 they ought not have to buy everything themselves and not fear being kicked out at 18.

The minimum of a good quality of life is a sound college edication. An education which should have started when the child was 3 years old and never ended until they had their masters degree.

These self proclaimed businessmen or hard workers don't k is what is needed because they have worked too hard with their bodies and not with their minds to think of more than themselves. This Fjep's "greed is good" comments. As if he is a wall street investor's private cheerleader.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
The twilight of life

First, we need to remember where the term "death panel" came from. The idea had fairly broad support until funding for it was included in Obamacare. Opponents framed it as government bureaucrats pulling the plug on grandma (when it was really about doctors being realistic with patients), and amid a backlash, it was pulled.

That was stupid. These questions demand far more serious discussion.

The fact is, 25% of all Medicare spending goes to the 5% of recipients who die each year --with 80% of that in the last two months of life. This is aggressive spending on things like stays in intensive care and critical care units, which research has shown do not meet the needs and preferences of terminal patients despite its increasing use.

Especially when combined with the growing evidence supporting the benefits of less-expensive, palliative hospice care that allows people to enjoy their last days on this earth in peace at home, not poked, prodded and intubated, floating in and out of consciousness under the fluorescent lights of a $30,000-a-night hospital room.

The popular backlash against death panels gave politicians in Washington reason to fear the topic in general.

But by avoiding the issue, we're choosing to increase the burden on future generations by piling on debt, raising taxes, weakening our defenses, neglecting needed investments and generally damaging the future vitality of the country. This is nothing less than a slow-burn moral disgrace and a reversal of the archetype of parental self-sacrifice and responsibility.

Medicare on the Chopping Block

We can't have it all anymore. Think about that before you feign outrage.

If we're going to truly address the long-term budget problems that threaten the welfare of our children and our children's children, we need to address Medicare and, in particular, end-of-life care -- a topic that's been off limits since Sarah Palin unleashed the debate four years ago.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   45 to 49 of 49 
TOPIC: Death Panels Do we need them