Death By Religious Ignorance and Superstition : Swingers Discussion 226470
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDeath By Religious Ignorance and Superstition
TOPIC: Death By Religious Ignorance and Superstition
Created by: Z_Z_Krewe
Original Starting post for this thread:
PHILADELPHIA — A judge upheld murder charges Wednesday against a fundamentalist Christian couple in their infant's faith-healing death, saying things might be different if their toddler hadn't died four years ago "under strikingly similar circumstances."

Their probation in that case required Herbert and Catherine Schaible to seek immediate medical help if another child was sick or injured. But they instead prayed over 8-month-old son Brandon before he died of pneumonia in April, according to their police statements.

Defense lawyer Bobby Hoof argued that Brandon died just three days after he came down with cold and flu symptoms and said there was no evidence of malice, as required for third-degree murder. The judge disagreed.

"They learned in the worst possible way ... exactly what these symptoms could lead to in a child, especially a young child, if not medically cared for," Common Pleas Judge Benjamin Lerner said, referring to the 2009 death of 2-year-old Kent Schaible. "We've been here before ... under strikingly similar circumstances."

About a dozen U.S. children die each year when parents turn to faith healing instead of medicine, typically from highly treatable problems, according to experts. At least one state, Oregon, explicitly banned faith healing as a murder defense after a series of deaths.

The Schaibles are third-generation members and former teachers at the First Century Gospel Church, a small, insular congregation in northeast Philadelphia.

"We believe in divine healing, that Jesus ... died on the cross to break the devil's power," Herbert Schaible, 45, told homicide detectives after Brandon died.

{Brought to you by your arrogant teevee evangelist from a wealthy suburb in Fort Lauderdale.} {{Can you name that teevanglist?}}

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 68   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It always impresses me how much I learn about {god} when I hear those teevangelists and prophets of Texas proclaim the truth about {the divine thing} that {the divine thing} never knew about itself.

What I learn from the Copelands is that {the divine thing} is so weak and hard to comprehend that it takes their family to create an identifiable character representation to explain the nature of {the divine thing} to earth dwellers and devotees in their mountain sanctuary.

Most of those traits are characteristics of a cult, or so I have learned when reading the accounts of their doctrines by professors at various institutions of religious training in Texas other than Oral Roberts University.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6776 posts)
Vabeach:

Is anyone who is younger than 40 and not 100% capitalist like your ultra capitalist ideals a hippie?

I ask this because all but one anti-vaccination's I have met were people going to college for business and tech classes.

The part about bringing viruses into the US from travel outside the US can happen with a hosts of things we aren't given immunities for. If such people were to live isolated from the rest of us, I wouldn't care if they wished to roll the dice and take their chances at the Russian rullet gamble.

Sadly they do affect us and in a negative way.

I am not saying that their arguments are without some sound bases for consideration. I'll meet some of these people half way in saying that all drugs given ought meet extreme safety considerations and testing, with a fund put aside for the life long medical and living cost of those who are hurt by drug companies.

Additionally that those at the top of the companies and the investors can loose all of their wealth to pay for such cost.

Will this slow the rate of new cures? Maybe, likely. But something is causing a raise in the number of birth defects and damage to the development of our children and we have to to start holding accountable those making drugs and claiming that their safe by the fax that when they prove not to be... Such people lose everything.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(7230 posts)
Most of the anti-vaccination crowd that I've known have been new age hippie liberals, but I'm sure some are religious nuts too.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
Prophet Ken Copelands daughter and son-in-law have decided to co-operate with the Tarrant County government to support measles vaccinations, instead of continuing the anti-medical treatment attitude demonstrated in their congregation.

A case of measles has been linked to a megachurch in northern Tarrant County where a congregant recently traveled overseas.

Eagle Mountain International Church, about 50 miles northwest of Dallas, released a statement Tuesday that said a visitor attended a service who had been overseas and was exposed to measles.

“Therefore the congregation, staff at Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the daycare center on the property were exposed through that contact,” the statement said.

Al Roy, spokesman for the county’s Public Health Department, said the 10 cases are connected and the department has “been working with individuals who attend the church.”

Dallas and Denton counties have also reported two cases each, and although those cases occurred months ago and were not related to the Tarrant County outbreak, they, too, were linked to foreign travel. The Texas Department of State Health Services issued a measles alert Friday for North Texas.

In a sermon at the church last week, “Taking our Stand of Faith Over Measles,” Pastor Terri Pearsons announced there was one confirmed case of measles and “others are pending.”

“So there’s a possibility that any of you or any of your children have been exposed,” said Pearsons, daughter of televangelist Kenneth Copeland.

Pearsons read off a list of symptoms and said two measles vaccination clinics were scheduled at the church last week.

“I mean I would encourage you to do that. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with doing that,” she said about getting vaccinated. “Go do it, go do it, you know, go do it and go in faith.”

The church has been working with the Tarrant County Health Department.

Measles is a highly contagious virus transmitted through the air and by touch through respiratory droplets. After infection, the incubation period is about two weeks. It’s so contagious that it infects 90 percent of those who come in contact with the infected person (and are not immune) and normally causes a heavy rash, high fever, cough, pink eye and, occasionally, pneumonia. [Source: Dallas Morning News]

{Exposing religious superstition by authoritarian teevee ministries}

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6776 posts)
Kenneth Copleand Ministries, whose Eagle Mountain International Chruch Word Of Faith congregation in Texas has been the subject of inquiry about a measles outbreak by Texas Department of State Health Services, had a prophetic word from God itself telling him how to create a lie to cover his preaching against vaccinations.

Copeland proves that his religious ideologies are more important than prevention of epidemic disease.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6776 posts)
** For when one converses with theirselves, they gain insight to their own selves and know who they are and what they want.*

I can just picture him, every morning, waking up, standing in his tighty whities, pulled up high, urine stains on the crotch, whispering sweet nothings into the mirror nailed to his pressed wood door, with one of those chrome turn knobs. Matchbox cars neatly stacked on shelves on one wall, posters of Superman and Spiderman on the other side. He yawns then starts whispering sweet nothings into the mirror, forming his lips into one of those duck forms...then winks and slowly shuffles toward the kitchen scratching his crotch and yawning, while mom rushes toward him with a glass of milk, eggs and toast perfectly buttered waiting to be consumed.

Allenhurst NJ

Username hidden
(16378 posts)
Z's stuff is way more entertaining than yours. Take a few whiffs of YCFR exhaust and maybe you'll mellow out.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
Vabeach:

Z is wise enough to know that it is useless to speak to the majority of the republicans and impossible to speak to the libertarians. The majority of both groups are insane and demand a return to simpilar times... Only weak minded and lazy minded people desire a return to simplicity.

So Z speaks to those willing to listen and to himself. For when one converses with theirselves, they gain insight to their own selves and know who they are and what they want.

In some ways I envy his discipline to not react to his detractors half as much as I do and to care not for the oppinions of those unwilling to work for the betterment of the weak. Out of everyone on these forums, Z is quite possibly the smartest person here.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(7230 posts)
Does Z realize he's talking to himself?

Does he care?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
Whne 'God' speaks, the rainforest runs, hides, and scurries for cover.

"We are family. I got all my toucans and me."

Straw men burn easily when struck by lightning in the open field.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6776 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 68   End
TOPIC: Death By Religious Ignorance and Superstition