Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics DUI LAWS
TOPIC: DUI LAWS
Created by: DestinFlCp
Original Starting post for this thread:
Subject: New DUI Rules in Arizona Sent to me from a Bud in AZ I went to an YPO presentation this morning regarding DUI's and the new Arizona laws. At the presentation we heard from two highway patrol officers, a prominent DUI attorney and then a public relations firm. The police officers went through the new punishments and BAC (blood alcohol content) thresholds that were just passed. They also demonstrated to a sober person what happens when you do get pulled over for a DUI (Scott Eller failed when sober). My assessment is the new DUI rules have significantly changed the risk reward decision about drinking a few drinks and then driving. The main changes is they have significantly lowered the BAC (blood alcohol content) thresholds. I used to think that it was no problem to have a couple of drinks with dinner and then drive home. The new lower BAC are now so low that someone who is a good citizen and just has two drinks has a lot of risk. The thresholds and punishments for first time DUI offenses are as follows (second time offenses are drastically worse): Standard DUI: BAC over 0.08 (three drinks for most men and two drinks for most women) Mandatory jail time of 10 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 30 to 90 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for one year (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Court fees - $1,500 (second offense - $3,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Extreme DUI: BAC over 0.15 Mandatory jail time of 30 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 60 to 120 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for one year (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Mandatory alcohol monitoring - 30 days (second offense - 90 days plus 30 days of community service) Mandatory vehicle impoundment - 30 days Court fees - $2,500 (second offense - $5,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Super Extreme DUI: BAC over 0.20 Mandatory jail time of 45 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 180 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for 18 to 24 months (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Mandatory alcohol monitoring - 30 days (second offense - 90 days plus 30 days of community service) Mandatory vehicle impoundment - 30 days Probation - 0 to 1 year (second offense - 0 to 5 years) Court fees - $3,000 (second offense - $6,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Felony DUI - 0.08 or above but with a MINOR in the car less than 16 years old Felony charge Mandatory jail time of 30 days - No plea bargaining Suspended driver's license for three years Ignition interlock device - Installed in car for 18 months or possible loss of car ($1,000 plus $100 per month) Fees (up to $150,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Possible probation for up to 5 years Note: If a person under 21 is pulled over and they have had ANY alcohol (even the day before they turn 21), they would be subject to the above rules plus will loose their drivers license for a minimum of two years with no plea bargain available and it will be on their record for 7 years.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I bet every state will be heading that way, tough to enjoy a night out without a driver.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
damn glad I don't live in AZ.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Subject: New DUI Rules in Arizona Sent to me from a Bud in AZ I went to an YPO presentation this morning regarding DUI's and the new Arizona laws. At the presentation we heard from two highway patrol officers, a prominent DUI attorney and then a public relations firm. The police officers went through the new punishments and BAC (blood alcohol content) thresholds that were just passed. They also demonstrated to a sober person what happens when you do get pulled over for a DUI (Scott Eller failed when sober). My assessment is the new DUI rules have significantly changed the risk reward decision about drinking a few drinks and then driving. The main changes is they have significantly lowered the BAC (blood alcohol content) thresholds. I used to think that it was no problem to have a couple of drinks with dinner and then drive home. The new lower BAC are now so low that someone who is a good citizen and just has two drinks has a lot of risk. The thresholds and punishments for first time DUI offenses are as follows (second time offenses are drastically worse): Standard DUI: BAC over 0.08 (three drinks for most men and two drinks for most women) Mandatory jail time of 10 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 30 to 90 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for one year (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Court fees - $1,500 (second offense - $3,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Extreme DUI: BAC over 0.15 Mandatory jail time of 30 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 60 to 120 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for one year (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Mandatory alcohol monitoring - 30 days (second offense - 90 days plus 30 days of community service) Mandatory vehicle impoundment - 30 days Court fees - $2,500 (second offense - $5,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Super Extreme DUI: BAC over 0.20 Mandatory jail time of 45 days - No plea bargaining (second offense - 180 days) Mandatory suspension of driver's license for 90 days (second offense - one year) Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device in car for 18 to 24 months (Cost: $1,000 plus $100 per month) Mandatory alcohol monitoring - 30 days (second offense - 90 days plus 30 days of community service) Mandatory vehicle impoundment - 30 days Probation - 0 to 1 year (second offense - 0 to 5 years) Court fees - $3,000 (second offense - $6,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Felony DUI - 0.08 or above but with a MINOR in the car less than 16 years old Felony charge Mandatory jail time of 30 days - No plea bargaining Suspended driver's license for three years Ignition interlock device - Installed in car for 18 months or possible loss of car ($1,000 plus $100 per month) Fees (up to $150,000), points, increased insurance, attorney fees, etc. Possible probation for up to 5 years Note: If a person under 21 is pulled over and they have had ANY alcohol (even the day before they turn 21), they would be subject to the above rules plus will loose their drivers license for a minimum of two years with no plea bargain available and it will be on their record for 7 years.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: DUI LAWS