DC Teen Sentenced to Eight Years for Shooting at Coolidge High School : Swingers Discussion 216780
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsDC Teen Sentenced to Eight Years for Shooting at Coolidge High School
TOPIC: DC Teen Sentenced to Eight Years for Shooting at Coolidge High School
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Shooting at Coolidge HS Stemmed From Earlier Fight, Police Say.

Smothers was charged as an adult and pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated assault while armed back in October. Following his prison term, he will be placed on five years of supervised release.

"When parents send their kids off to school, they should never have to worry that their child could be caught in a hail of gunfire during the school day," said U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. on Friday. "Our decision to charge this shooter as an adult is a reflection of how seriously we take gun crimes in the District and how committed we are to keeping our schools free of gun violence."

Both Smothers and the 18-year-old victim were students at the school at the time of the shooting Sept. 19.

Authorities say there was a verbal altercation between the two that day, and Smothers returned to the school after dismissal and confronted the other student, showing him a gun.

The victim attempted to shield other students from the gunfire and was shot in the leg. Police saw Smothers running from the scene and stopped him in the 100 block of Rittenhouse Street NW.

The school building was locked down as a precaution to protect those students still in the building after hours.

"I got scared.... It just came out of the blue," said student Jazzlyn Hill, who was inside during the lockdown.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You sigh, we cry.... on the outside....

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
I sigh too.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
Maybe he was special....

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
How did this 17 year old get a gun in DC???????????

Why wasn't he charged with any gun crimes, or having a gun in a 'gun free zone'

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16721 posts)
You're not the norm Robert.....{sigh} Not saying you're "extra-ordinary" either.... {double sigh}

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
8inch:

"Who in this room can say that their 18-25 years were NOT some of their best years? "

Nope. 19-21 I was attending basic training, tech school and then a deployment. Turned 21 in the box without alcohol.

from 21-25 I was in college... and dedicated myself to my studies... we all see where that got me.

Now at 28 I have no assets besides my cars, and only a vain hope that I can sell a book and return to college for something useful.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7253 posts)
Well, I was hoping there was a specific political angle. Otherwise, we'll just start a forum thread for every single gun-related incident in the country, which would become a little exhausting and pointless.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18802 posts)
Who in this room can say that their 18-25 years were NOT some of their best years?

Most likely, he will be mentally and physically raped and come out confused. Hopefully he'll mature and educate himself and not return to prison.

Guns have no place near public schools. If ppl want to arm paid private security at private schools, that's their right. But, what would he do, start a shoot-out with one or two shooters?

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
"What's the political angle here?"

Evil guns...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Isn't it illegal to carry a gun in DC, and against federal law to take a gun into a school?

This story must be bogus as the law should have clearly made the students safe.(Sarcasm)

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: DC Teen Sentenced to Eight Years for Shooting at Coolidge High School