Crime and punishment : Swingers Discussion 215962
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCrime and punishment
TOPIC: Crime and punishment
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
This might sound like a complaint, but look beyond the conversation I had and see the politics behind it.

I had a debat with my father last night in regards to crime and punishment and as one might imagin, it became a heated.

His position is that we jail people for stupid shit like auto theft... That it ought to be a fine.

My reply was that as a employee which isn't government (he is a government employee) It doesn't matter why I am late, that my car was stolen... I was late and am written up or ought right fired. It happens all the time in the more conservative states where there are no state laws mandating write ups before termination.

He continued to try and defend his position by stating that you are placing a non violent criminal into a place with harder, more violent criminals and the likelihood of retrieving your car becomes less as the joyriding auto theft will destroy the evidence or sell it for scrap.

My reply was that 9/10 cases of auto theft aren't joy riding, it is for profit. This isn't the 70s anymore. As to his statement of prison creating a harder criminal, he is right, but what about the damages to my career and or my families needs?

I continued to explain that there was a reason we executed people for simpler crimes than murder, to keep down in prison populations and or the populations which would only repeat their crimes.

At this point he became upset as I just suggested execution for non-violent crimes, let alone crimes without the criminal killing someone.

My position is that the harder criminals won't be rehibilitated and so long as the prison system is so under funded as to mix violent with non-violent criminals... You will not have any system able to rehibilitate the non-violent criminals.

In some cases you can fix a minority of them, the majority will however be returned to the system at least once more. Thus our 2/3 repeat offenders.

If it were realistic to say that car thieves ought to pay a fine to the victims and the state for the trial... I would support this idea. Said fine would include six months of the pay the victims might have lost.

However most criminals victimize so many and are piety criminals because they are already without means and money. How are they to make me good for the crime they committed against me and everyone else?

The argument basically ended with him chastising me for being radical and creating the prison society we have.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
User Details are only visible to members.
So what do you all think if the topic? Crime and punishment? Solutions to crimes? Punishments which fit the crime and or prevent further crime or repeat offenders? Short of executing car theives like we did horse theives, is there an answer?

If we are to reduce spending, how do we reduce the already underfunded prison system?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
This might sound like a complaint, but look beyond the conversation I had and see the politics behind it.

I had a debat with my father last night in regards to crime and punishment and as one might imagin, it became a heated.

His position is that we jail people for stupid shit like auto theft... That it ought to be a fine.

My reply was that as a employee which isn't government (he is a government employee) It doesn't matter why I am late, that my car was stolen... I was late and am written up or ought right fired. It happens all the time in the more conservative states where there are no state laws mandating write ups before termination.

He continued to try and defend his position by stating that you are placing a non violent criminal into a place with harder, more violent criminals and the likelihood of retrieving your car becomes less as the joyriding auto theft will destroy the evidence or sell it for scrap.

My reply was that 9/10 cases of auto theft aren't joy riding, it is for profit. This isn't the 70s anymore. As to his statement of prison creating a harder criminal, he is right, but what about the damages to my career and or my families needs?

I continued to explain that there was a reason we executed people for simpler crimes than murder, to keep down in prison populations and or the populations which would only repeat their crimes.

At this point he became upset as I just suggested execution for non-violent crimes, let alone crimes without the criminal killing someone.

My position is that the harder criminals won't be rehibilitated and so long as the prison system is so under funded as to mix violent with non-violent criminals... You will not have any system able to rehibilitate the non-violent criminals.

In some cases you can fix a minority of them, the majority will however be returned to the system at least once more. Thus our 2/3 repeat offenders.

If it were realistic to say that car thieves ought to pay a fine to the victims and the state for the trial... I would support this idea. Said fine would include six months of the pay the victims might have lost.

However most criminals victimize so many and are piety criminals because they are already without means and money. How are they to make me good for the crime they committed against me and everyone else?

The argument basically ended with him chastising me for being radical and creating the prison society we have.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
TOPIC: Crime and punishment