Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court : Swingers Discussion 219451
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCreationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court
TOPIC: Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
A California man who believes the literal interpretation of the Bible is real is offering $10,000 to anyone who can successfully debunk claims made in the book of Genesis in front of a judge.

And for a man wanting to debate the very nature of human existence, Joseph Mastropaolo is taking a decidedly happy-go-lucky approach, saying he hopes the contest will improve future discussions on both sides of the argument.

"The evolutionists thereafter could read that transcript and make their case a bit stronger on the next one they contend against and we can do the same," Mastropaolo told the Guardian. "We can read the transcript and not have to go through the same process over and over and over again without any let up, without any resolution."

Mastropaolo’s plan is to put $10,000 of his own money into an escrow account. His debate opponent would be asked to do the same. They would then jointly agree on a judge based on a list of possible candidates. Mastropaolo said that any evidence presented in the trial must be “scientific, objective, valid, reliable and calibrated."

For his part, Mastropaolo has a Ph.D. in kinesiology and writes for the Creation Hall of Fame website, which is helping to organize the minitrial. It’s also not the first such trial he’s tried to arrange. A previous effort, known as the “Life Science Prize,” proposed a similar scenario. Mastropaolo includes a list of possible circuit court judges to oversee the trial and a list of those he challenged to take part on the evolutionary side of the debate.

The Creation Hall of Fame website describes the event as a “chance to shine” for skeptics of creationism. “Are you willing to participate in a contest to prove your point that the Bible is wrong and that we evolved? You could go home with $20,000 if you win!”

After the judge’s final decision, the winner in the trial would take home $10,000.

"They [evolutionists] are not stupid people; they are bright, but they are bright enough to know there is no scientific evidence they can give in a minitrial," Mastropaolo said.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 221   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"cherry picking bits and pieces of information that they have found and incorrectly interpreting them"

Seems to me that may happen more than people may realize. A consensus doesn't always mean something is correct, especially when there is limited data in a possibly complex case.

Science is not without it's politics, pride, and cliques.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16925 posts)
"Now you will say that sounds crazy, but is it any more crazy than believing..."

I will say one crazy theology does not make a crazier one any better.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
There were 3 kinds of links you just posted:

1. Busted/incorrect ones 2. Ones about genetic analysis of Sumerians (and having nothing to do with anything Sumerians themselves were doing) 3. Links making claims such as this:

The conclusion is that Adam and Eve were real, possibly Lunatics, and were created by the genetic manipulation of cross-breeding Homo erectus with extraterrestrials from the planet, Nibiru. As such, they began a dynasty (i.e. The Adam's Family) of beings who lived to a much riper age than Homo sapiens sapiens are generally expected -- just part of their genetic heritage from the Anunnaki, who apparently live for hundreds of thousands of years. (There are, apparently, advantages to being a half-breed.)

I'll avoid making Adam's Family jokes but I will say that the understanding that the authors of this article have about genetics is quite poor, and is, at best, cherry picking bits and pieces of information that they have found and incorrectly interpreting them.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
I did come across a quote that I was unfamiliar with

""If I were wrong, then one would have been enough!" —Albert Einstein, commenting on the book 100 Authors Against Einstein

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16925 posts)
I think you're going to be waiting a long time.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
I'm still waiting to hear about the Sumerians and gene splitting.

I tried to do some research on it last night, but I was tired and it just was too much to track down.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16925 posts)
Nah it's fine that you mentioned it. I figure my reference was probably lost on many people anyway.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
Haha. Must have missed that post.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I already alluded to that in my reference to Descartes' "Evil Demon" much earlier in this thread.

Resorting to the Evil Demon is pretty much the end of any debate.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19384 posts)
Those fossils were placed by the devil to trick us into thinking god isn't real. This is pretty obvious stuff.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 221   End
TOPIC: Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court