Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Craig
TOPIC: Craig
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   91 to 100 of 122   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Scotty

Are you aware that Craig's lawyer claimed before the Ethics Committee today that they did not have "jurisdiction" over this "because - Craig was not on Senate Business"?

Sounds to me like his own defense attorney (the one representing him in front of the ethics committee) kinda shoots a hole in your idea that he could not be arrested since he was on Senate business. He couldn't claim one thing to avoid arrest and then claim the opposite to avoid the ethics committee.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
maybe it hasn't happened because this is a liberal bloggers witch hunt and it's all bullshit. you werent there, I wasn't there, we don't know what happened. Doesn't matter because he shouldn't have been detained anyway. article 1 section 6

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I'm sorry i have it backwards on the times, he was arrested at 12pm and cast a vote in the senate at 5:55pm that same day. He was obviously in transit and immune from arrest... sorry liberals you might be able to trash his name but his plea agreement will be set aside. Again you lose on the facts.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Article 1

Section. 6.

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office.

The police officer had no legal right to arrest senator Craig according to the constitution. He was arrested illegally a little after 5pm in the airport in minnesota. He had cast a vote at noon that same day. It doesn't matter if he was soliciting sex or not, he couldn't be arrested.

The point is moot and should be left up to the voter() of idaho.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
well, here's how he'll get out of it.

Under the constitution it's illegal to arrest a member of congress while in transit to or from the session. It's in the constitution, he should not have even been arrested.

I wasn't in the bathroom i don't know what happened, but he could've beat this.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
after reading what happened i indeed think it is total BS in terms of what was done, etc. he got scared and the rest is total history. i was under the impression he could not withdraw the guilty plea at this point but if that is possible i say go for it..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
it has been reported that Craig received a call last week from Sen. Arlen Specter , R-Pa., urging him to consider fighting for his seat and is affecting Craig's decision to resign. reportedly he is reconsidering his resignation, a spokesman for Craig said.

seems ironic that one of republicans who is often blasted by the far right is one of the few who has spoken out on his behalf.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
but currently they have all of the momentum.

All the momentum of a train wreck...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
dj,

no disrespect to you but that last half of your post made no sense whatsovever. first, what does lead a real "american life" mean. there are soo many different types of life that can be lead in this country there is no way to say one way is realer than the other..and as far as putting her career ahead of her husband's infidelity...cmon do u know how many woman look the other way in that regard???

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
What I find sad about the Republican Party is the lack of tolerance. They seem to abandon those who are faced with challenges - legal, rumors or otherwise. This is all in the name of the strict code they adhere to...well, supposedly. They do not defend but maintain a silence for their comrade. This has become their standard practice. I wonder how many more will fall?

This is not to defend Sen Craig for his stupid actions but it clearly shows the need to hide himself from his peers.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   91 to 100 of 122   End
TOPIC: Craig