Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Craig
TOPIC: Craig
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   81 to 90 of 122   End
User Details are only visible to members.
where is the commenting from u righties on the ACLU's support of craig? good thing or a bad thing...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
This whole thing with Craig really surprised me. Disappointed me, too. I've known Senator Craig for over 10 years. My last job entailed a lot of work in Government Affairs (i.e., lobbying and keeping tabs on all the goings-on affecting public lands management and related conservation issues).

I attended numerous Senate Subcommittee hearings chaired by Sen. Craig or in which he participated. I even testified twice at Senate Hearings chaired by Craig on natural resources and public land management issues.

Although Craig is a conservative Republican and I'm a liberal Democrat, I had great respect and admiration for Craig. He was one of the most intelligent people in Congress, IMHO.

In fact, after one of the hearings he chaired at which I testified, we happened to reach the door of the hearing room at the same time. We both paused, to avoid pulling an "Archie Bunker and the Meathead" routine by colliding trying to get out the door simultaneously. I looked at Craig and said "Well, Senator, if you have the wisdom of Solomon, this will all work out OK.

He looked at me for about 2 seconds, said "I do!", and walked out the door!!!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Article about Larry Craig returning to capitol hill:

"There's been a lot of favorable talk about Larry in the cloakroom," Specter said.

Yeah, in the bathroom, too.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17449 posts)
To use the mantra of the Republicans during Clinton/Lewinsky-

It's not the sex, it's the lying.

It's OK to come out of the closet, Senator Craig.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17449 posts)
Conservative Sen. Larry Craig got support from an unexpected source on Monday. The American Civil Liberties Union filed a brief in court saying the lawmaker's bathroom bust was likely unconstitutional.

The ACLU urged a Minnesota District Court to let Craig withdraw his guilty plea.

great job ACLU, right????

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
come on akron. You know what he did wrong, he's a republican.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
if he was arrested at 12pm at the airport in minnesota and cast a vote at 555 pm that same day in DC, then I'd say he needs new lawyers, he was obviously in transit to work.

Again I'm not defending his action, I'm saying he shouldn't have been arrested or questioned. he should fire his lawyers.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
And actually by your last post you got your sections and articles mixed. It's Article 1, Section 6 and it reads:

"Section 6. The Senators and Representatives shall receive a compensation for their services, to be ascertained by law, and paid out of the treasury of the United States. They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place. "

They are only protected from arrest during their "attendance at a session" and "in going to and returning from the same". His lawyer has already stated his travel was NOT official. Therefore, no protection.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Scotty

You've stated the constitution protects from arrest when a representative is on his "official duty". I pointed out that his own lawyer has claimed otherwise this date in front of the ethics committee. My statement has nothing to do with whether or not he should be in front of the ethics committee at all. My point is that the constitutional protection for "being on official business" has already been thrown out by his lawyer and would therefore not be an option at this bidding.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
pete,

Under the constitution he shouldn't have to be infront of the ethics committee. He should have never been questioned, it's against the law sec 1 art 6 very clear. Maybe I should be his lawyer. it's almost like furit of the poison tree in criminal law, you have a murder in his house, you kick int he door without a warrent, you find the bloody knife, can't use it in court. Same principle.

He may have been sucking dick in airports I don't know, but he should not have been charged with a crime because the police broke the law. To me it's not a partisan issue, if barney frank was sucking cock in a mens room and was stopped while on his way to dc I'd say the same thing.

Maybe craig needs a new lawyer.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   81 to 90 of 122   End
TOPIC: Craig