Craig : Swingers Discussion 859191071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCraig
TOPIC: Craig
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   71 to 80 of 122   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Maybe. But the ACLU is also there safeguarding our Constitutional rights - which are being trampled left and right these days." ------------------------------------------- That is VERY debatable. I very rarely see the ACLU uphold any rights under the Constitution, it's amendments or the Bill of Rights. I see them fight for supposed rights that they "read" into those documents, yet many people do not believe exist. I guess it depends on everyone's core beliefs.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
considering they are wrong most of the time..I don't need them.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Exactly. Until YOUR rights get trampled.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
sorry don't agree the aclu is anything but bad, lawyers trying to make $ and legislate through litigation.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Maybe. But the ACLU is also there safeguarding our Constitutional rights - which are being trampled left and right these days.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
the aclu reminds me of sharpton and jackson, ambulance chasers and garbage dumps..hey they all are related..lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Sometimes the ACLU makes me cringe by what they do, but other times I am glad they are there to support unpopular positions (those not shared by whatever party is currently in power).

I will accept the occasional cringe and continue to proudly carry my ACLU membership card.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Debjack,

I don't disagree with what you are saying. My point is that Craig got Craig (himself) into that situation. I agree with you as I also have some concerns about what I hear the officer say on that tape. However, as a public figure Craig had to be aware that if what he was doing was truly innocent his best recourse would of been to shut his mouth, tell the officer he would accompany him to the station, quietly allow himself to be processed and then have an attorney raise holy hell through the DA's office, as well as the Chief of Police's office. If the DA still felt there was a case and went forward with it, Craig should of stood tall and fought any charges in court. It is my opinion that people in the public eye, especially those in leadership/government positions must be aware that perception many times can be more powerful then the actual truth. Craig's own actions give the perception he is hiding something.

I don't know and don't care if he is gay. I do agree with those who question whether he is and if he is, then I agree he is a hypocrite. As far as the police or DA keeping quiet, all arrest of adults are public record. Most news papers have people assigned to do nothing but review the police blotters and the arraignment dockets several times each day. Craig was stupid if he really believed he could keep this quiet. Also Bill O'Reilly, Joe Scarborough, Glenn Beck, as well as several news analysis on the left have reported that "rumors" of Craig being in the closet go back to the 1980's. Scarborough had two former Republican Congress members on his show and all three admitted they were aware of the suspicions. Scarborough is a former Republican Senator from Florida. Just saying but sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.

Now having said all of that, those who have jumped all over this in glee to bash republicans need to understand Craig DID NOT plead guilty to any sexual misconduct, pandering or lewd act. Those were dismissed (maybe, just maybe the officer was a little two quick in making the arrest). After Craig and the officer argued, two more officers arrived and Craig resisted being handcuffed. The resisting arrest charge was reduced to disorderly conduct and that is what Craig agreed to plead guilty to.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Sorry guys, I am not OK if the ACLU actually supports Craig. Craig is responsible for Craig and he gets no sympathy for me. He is supposed to be a smart man and understand the law and his rights. He accepted that the charges concerning the lewd behavior and pandering would be dropped and that the charge of resisting arrest would be reduced to disorderly conduct. He made the choice to accept those terms and plead guilty to the reduced charge. As a member of our Congress he should of realized he would need to address the incident and the specifics surrounding same. I actually agree with the posters that state he has internal issues within himself that he needs to deal with.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Dzzy

LOL They're all ok with the ACLU supporting Craig.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   71 to 80 of 122   End
TOPIC: Craig