Craig : Swingers Discussion 859191051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCraig
TOPIC: Craig
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   51 to 60 of 122   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"What is prohibited is the leading of a prayer by a government agent in schools, i.e. the teacher." -------------------------------------------- Sorry, I don't agree with you. Congress can make NO LAW saying you can or cannot pray or that gives government preference/favor of a specific religion over the other. I am aware of NO LAW that says Congress or a school must start the day with prayer. With Congress it is based on tradition of our founders, but it is not law. I agree with you that a school or teacher should not be leading or initiating prayer. They are in a position of authority and I think that would be an abuse of that authority. However, I do have deep reservations when courts rule that students can not organize and lead prayer, such as was the case in Texas.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
yes sen, i thought it was implicit in my post that i meant the right to pray...in school...

which btw, anyone can do whenever they want..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
What is prohibited is the leading of a prayer by a government agent in schools, i.e. the teacher.

But somehow, they still have prayer in the House and Senate, prayer breakfasts with the president, and on and on.

Seems a little strange. Should be all or nothing. I vote for no organized prayer at any public function. You want to pray, fine.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
"right to pray, an interesting concept...where is that one created?" ---------------------------------------------------- "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The above gives us the right to free expression of religion, as well as the freedom of speech. Prayer falls into both of them. (......and I am not even religious and I can figure that out). Dzzy, we have different ideology but I do think you are a smart poster. That post really surprised me.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
right to pray, an interesting concept...where is that one created?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Akron, you never lost your right to pray in public school.

As a matter of fact, with the tests I give, prayer in college is mandatory.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I hope that's true. But the rights and principles the Revolutionary soldiers fought and died for are NOT safe.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
They may be turning over, but there monuments and memorabilia sites are safe...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
The "Patriot Act" is nothing more than a name given to a piece of legislation to dupe people into supporting it. It should be called the "Give Up Your Constitutional Rights Act." The REAL patriots who fought the British to make the United States a free and independent nation are the very same people who were the delegates to the Constitutional Convention. THEY wrote the Constitution explicitly to prevent government from becoming so obtrusive into the lives of private citizens.

Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and John Adams must be turning over in their graves.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
The ACLU is closer to communism than America.

The key to understanding the ACLU lies in a single word — ideology.

Ideology is the attempt to account for the vast complexity of politics and society by using only a few rarefied concepts. The ideologue seizes on a handful of abstractions and then claims everything else must somehow conform to them.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   51 to 60 of 122   End
TOPIC: Craig