Court says police don't have to prove dog training : Swingers Discussion 2173691011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCourt says police don't have to prove dog training
TOPIC: Court says police don't have to prove dog training
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 40   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A dog, confined within his own yard, was shot and killed by an Eldorado, Ill. police officer who had mistakenly arrived to the wrong house to investigate a report of a stolen ladder.

According to Wednesday's publication of WSIL TV, the shooting took place on Sunday evening, when an officer arrived to the home of Jason Robershaw.

Robershaw claims that he heard a knock at his back door, followed by gun shots.

Those shots took the life of his 6-year-old German shepherd, "Smokey."

The grieving owner describes the horrific scene outside of his back door:

Immediately when I opened the door I saw my dog lying there about 18-inches from the end of his chain. He was just shaking, and his tongue was hanging out and blood was coming out.

The officer who delivered the fatal shot told Robershaw that he feared for his life. Robershaw feels that the officer, in a panic, over-reacted.

The fact that the officer was at the wrong house altogether makes the entire incident all the more distressing.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Jefferson, IA - A family in Jefferson County is stunned and bewildered over the killing of their dogs last week.

That fateful day, Perry Police and deputies from the Greene County Sheriff's Office arrived at the Spaulding's farm house to deliver a search warrant.

According to the family, within moments of their arrival, they were ordered to the ground and their first dog, Sadie, was shot and killed.

The second dog, apparently frightened by the gunfire, ran away - police shot and killed that dog as well.

Amazingly, the authorities were searching for something trivial - a stolen X-Box Gaming system.

But their search revealed nothing - not the gaming system, no illegal drugs, no weapons - nothing to justify the brutality.

According to the Spaulding's recount of events to WHOTV News, not only were the dogs not attacking, they were not even barking.

Dogs shot by police The family is bewildered - why didn't the authorities allow the family to put the dogs away? Why was there such a deadly show of force?

The police apparently have nothing to say on the matter - only that things are being "investigated".

Rest in Peace to these dogs who lost their life.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert: This again shows just how uninformed you are. There was a case about five years ago around Tennessee/Kentucky. A family was leaving a fast food place and getting back on the freeway. Someone noticed the father left what looked like a wallet on the top of the car and dialed 911. The calls got mixed and it went out as an armed robbery call. The car was located and a felony stop was done. The family was told to exit and they were put down at gun point. They very carefully made sure the dog stayed in the car by closing the doors. When an officer started to open a door the father very clearly stated: "Don't open the door my dog is in there. At that point another officer is seen pointing his shotgun. They got ready and the door was opened. Just as soon as the (happy family, no threat) dog came out the police shot the dog dead. The whole family started screaming in stark fear! And this is the type of police state you are hoping for.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Robert a friend of mine was wrongly raided. First of they knocked his front door off the hinges at about 3:30 am. After that they threw a flash bang in the door which caught the carpet on fire.Next as his collie was coming to see what was happening they shot her. As they went further in the house they shot his 14 yo son with a beanbag gun as he was coming down the steps.It could have been worse he could have been shot with one of the cops MP-5's. Well after all was said and done the cops found nothing illegal in the house. The cost of replacing the door,carpet and his son's medical all came out of their pocket.They went to court and lost the case. The police made no statement that they were sorry or offered to help in any way. So they lost the family dog and around 6000.00 cash.This happened in 2005 in Virginia it did make the papers so if you want to a search you can find it on line. Oh I forgot do you keep your dog in a cage at night?? If you do you don't need a dog.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Fjep:

The swat assalts on homes only happen when you resist. Dogs shot? Have you not a cage to put the dog into? Have you no control over the dog?

Something smells fishy a out your story, evidence... That is what is missing from your story of brutality.

As for car searches... Actually on many cases the police either have the warrant because of other reasons (likely a reason you by way of being you gave them.) or by having dealings with drug dealers.

Either way, it doesn't matter what state you are in. If the police find no drugs in your car, you have the right to redress in the courts for the damage done and total repairs. If for some reason your state has laws which prevent such redress, I DO NOT want to hear YOUR complaints for you choose to live in such a state which would so abuse it's people and offer no protections and means of gaining redress. (not that I have ever heard of such state laws, so evidence please)

Over all, I say you are lying. If not, then you and your small government are to blame for the police state with which you live under.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
"If you have drugs on you and the dog misses you because it wasn't trained right... Congragts, you dodged the bullet. If you have no drugs and it says you do, you are searched and you go on your marry little way."

Not true, often times homes and cars are destroyed with these searches, and because some states give police immunity the victim is SOL. Not to mention there have been pets shot and killed on searches that yielded no drugs and on some occasions the victims outright assaulted and killed. And add in the trauma to children that have to go through having guns shoved in their face.

But you keep drinking your liberal kool-aid with your rose colored glasses.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Norc:

You made the story to sound like this guy was being harassed today, not x years ago.

As for cash vs electronic... In hazleton there is no difference in how you buy things. If the register reads (x) then it is (x) no matter the form of payment. The same applies for every site online that I have ever used.

As for dog training... You and Fjep keep thinking that I am talking about the quality of training... I AM NOT. What I said was that the requirement to prove that a dog was trained and is up to standards isn't a big deal to me.

If you have drugs on you and the dog misses you because it wasn't trained right... Congragts, you dodged the bullet. If you have no drugs and it says you do, you are searched and you go on your marry little way.

If you have money which is contaminated and you have bad cops who pull the stuff you say they do, then sue the department, or leave the area. I really don't want to hear your complaints about losing large sums of money because you want to carry large bills on your person.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
Robert. "It also sounds like his business model is placing him into conflict with the police. Maybe he should look at who he hires and or does business with that keep the police looking at him."

The guy is worth millions now. I think he knows better than you what he is doing. He has never been arrested or convicted of anything. Good try but not.....

There is never a day that I do not start out with at least $300 of cash in my pocket. I do not know what planet you live on but cash always talks the loudest and gets the best discounts. There is a processing fee on all plastic transactions now days. I try to avoid every unnecessary fee I can. Even for items found on the internet when you pay with a postal money order via the us mail things usually drop at least 3% or they will often add that same percentage for using a credit card. If I am using plastic then it is always a debit card and never a credit card. I only spend my own money.

Now to dogs....

and a patrol dog is a patrol dog. Would you please explain to all of us how a military law enforcement K-9 patrol dog differs from the one from your local police department. I've trained a lot of them and certified a bunch more as a trainer. There is a small thing with dog handlers, training facilities and large kennels. I will not certify my own dogs or the dogs of a trainer I have trained. That needs to come from another trainer who themselves are certified to certify dogs and or handlers. When they need certs they also call outside trainers who can certify their dogs and or handlers, and that would be me for a few different agencies and training facilities. And you know more than I do about this how??? I'm coming up on 40 years of working with LE and military dogs professionally but as we can see and hear from you. you know more about them than I do.

I've had hundreds of dogs on the end of a leash for training, evaluations and certification. You are still full of it.

The military working dog training facility is at the Madina Annex of Lackland AFB where the AF Officer Training School is also located as well as the live fire ranges that are used for AF Basic training. Your search screen didn't bring that up for you. It is considered part of Lackland but is actually at separate location near by. I will tell you one more time. Real life experience and knowledge can not be replaced by your last or next search on google.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Fjep:

Lackland airforce base is a training base. If you are there only for basic training... You aren't going to know what else is there... Or at the least you aren't expected to know every school that the base has. You are a trainee, you don't ask questions, you are told what you need to know.

As a trainee, the only schools you need to know are the next school you are shipped out to. For me that was a army base where the airforce trained along wide all of the branches in the area of heavy equipment.

Oh and I did know where the dogs for the air force were trained, my father was in sercurity forces in the airforce.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
BTW Bobby you are busted again on being in the Air Force. LE dogs as has already been pointed out are also trained at Lackland AFB in Texas. It is a well known fact, that you appear not to have known.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 40   End
TOPIC: Court says police don't have to prove dog training