Convicted drug lord sues prison over the lack of kosher food : Swingers Discussion 2204481021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConvicted drug lord sues prison over the lack of kosher food
TOPIC: Convicted drug lord sues prison over the lack of kosher food
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"In this country it doesn't work because criminals have so many rights. I believe once convicted your rights are forfeited. Even your religious practices. "

If ignorance were a crime, you'd be serving a life sentence for this statement alone.

hg . org/prisoner-rights-law.html

"Prisoner's Rights Law deals with the rights of inmates to civil and human rights. Rights include: the right to due processes; administrative appeals; right to access the parole process (denied to those incarcerated in the Federal System); right to practice religion freely; right to equal protection (Fourteenth Amendment); right to be notified of all charges against them; right to receive a written statement explaining evidence used in reaching a disposition; right to file a civil suit against another person; right to medical treatment (both long and short term); right to mental health treatment that is both adequate and appropriate; right to a hearing upon being relocated to the mental health facility; right to personal property (cigarettes, stationary, a watch, cosmetics, and snack-food); right to visitation; right to adequate food that would sustain an average person; the right to bathe and the right to not be punished cruelly or unusually."

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Laws and punishment only affect non criminals. Criminals will be criminals until they decide they want to change. Torturing and then releasing criminals is extremely stupid. Who do you think they will blame for their harsh treatment? Not themselves, but society in general. It has been and will continue to be a recipe for disaster.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19436 posts)
"No punishment (or threat of punishment) has ever deterred the criminally minded from doing criminal things. If it did, crime would have been eliminated well over 2000 years ago."

Bull.

In this country it doesn't work because criminals have so many rights. I believe once convicted your rights are forfeited. Even your religious practices.

It's supposed to be punishment, not inconvience.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
"Haha. I would....unless the amount to park was going to exceed $1.00.

What would you do if you didn't have any quarters? :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17148 posts)
"Would you feel that way if he was a child molester?"

I don't care what the crime is. Murderer, child molester, drug dealer or tax evader. All prisoners should be treated equally and receive the same basic rights.

The right to send and receive mail. The right to 3 meals a day. The right to practice their religion (provided it does not cause a security concern). The right to adequate medical treatment.

That's pretty much it. Might be something I'm forgetting but that's the gist of it.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
"That's why I included 'along with'.

If parking violations were $1.00, and the meter maid was right in front of me I still might not put money in."

Haha. I would....unless the amount to park was going to exceed $1.00.

But I think that even "less harsh" punishments would still be a fairly adequate deterrent if the threat of getting caught were much higher.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
"And you could use some Drano in your diet. "

OOOOOO testy.

Would you feel that way if he was a child molester?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
That's why I included 'along with'.

If parking violations were $1.00, and the meter maid was right in front of me I still might not put money in.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17148 posts)
"along with the high risk of being caught."

I got trigger happy with the submit button and forgot to include my reply to this.

The risk of getting caught is a much bigger deterrent than the punishment itself, imo. Since criminals know that they outnumber the good guys, they know there's more favorable odds that they can actually get away with it.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
"I believe that the threat of harsh punishment, along with a high risk of being caught is a good deterrent."

Show me any point in history where hard labor, inhumane treatment or even death significantly deterred criminals from being criminals.

Don't get me wrong....it probably keeps the non-criminally minded like your or I from shoplifting a new cordless drill from Sears or from smacking the shit out of the douchebag using his cell phone in the movie theater, but a few thousand years of torture and death didn't lessen the amount of crime in the world so why should we expect it to suddenly start now?

Einstein's definition of insanity. It applies here.

(Waiting for someone to reply by saying "Well then maybe we should just get rid of prisons." C'mon....I know you're out there. Say it.)

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 53   End
TOPIC: Convicted drug lord sues prison over the lack of kosher food