Conservative talk radio : Swingers Discussion 714831031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative talk radio
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JMN wrote:

"Sen do we take your word for it or is there a way to look into the transcript?" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sure. Anyone can order a copy of a courts transcript. The information is Public Record. Depending on the District and the length of the record the cost runs on average between $9.00 to $25.00. However, I did have a murder case that I used years ago that was almost $200.00. The court transcript was the size of 8 large books. Many private companies offer this service through the internet. However, they charge $39.95 and up, so I recommend you do it yourself.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Oh boy I feel honered to be in such an upscale and professional company.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Hey I have lollipop.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Perfect,

As I have said in the past, based on my training and experience and your wife's education and experiences, my wife and I would love to get together with you guys and have some philosophical discussions (along with some sexy fun).

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
To be fair to JNM, he is getting the information provided to the public through our "unbiased" media. However, if you pull the transcripts themselves, you find that the story contained much more then what the AP, NYT, LAT etc, reported.

The case was not simply reviewed and dismissed. The Judge actually called the parties in after three separate times consulting in his chambers with the attorney's involved. At first, the Judge felt that the case should be settled through a mediator. Also, the Judge stated he was under the impression the book and it's contents were satire. When Franken's legal counsel suggested that Franken felt the book was "truth", the Judge moved the proceedings from his chambers, to a court room. The litigants themselves were ordered to appear and a third and final hearing was held.

It seems that information was only obtainable through the court transcripts. Although public record, it was never released or published by any media outlet. The only ones who ever talked about the specifics were O'Reilly himself, in his talking points, and Glenn Beck on his radio show.

In my masters program I wrote a paper on public perception vs. legal reality. This was one of twelve cases I used were the general belief of the public is separate from the actual decision or verdict by a court of law. It goes back to my past forum posts concerning the ability the media has to sway and manipulate ones opinions.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
The lawsuit by FOX addressed two issues, the use of a phrase FOX felt was legally theirs - "Fair and Balanced" and the comments concerning three FOX employees presented in the book. The "Fair and Balanced" issue was dismissed outright, however the court transcripts clearly demonstrate the other issues were not.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
...and the USO is a nonpartisan organization that does not validate ones political beliefs when scheduling Troop entertainment. The only requirement is that any entertainer is not permitted to "politicize" while entertaining the troops.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM,

Actually the January 27, 2004, out of EXETER, N.H. was an AP story not a blog. You should also read the court transcripts concerning Franken's fight against the lawsuit by FOX news. It is interesting reading and, Al himself, contradicts many things that he claims in his book, "Lies". The transcript reflects that if Franken was claiming his book was true, the Judge was prepared to rule that FOX was libeled and the case could go to jury trial. Franken had to be repeatedly interrupted by the Judge as he kept going off in directions that confused the Judge and the attorneys. The Judge finally backed Franken in a corner and told him it was a simply question; if Franken was claiming the book was true then FOX had a case, if Franken acknowledged, TO THE COURT, that the book was satire then the Judge would dismiss the case. Franken went on record stating the book was satire. He now runs around the country stating he beat FOX and "won" the lawsuit against him. Just another misdirection and misrepresentation by Al Franken.

Alan Combs sued and won monetary damages against Al Franken. I don't know and could not find if it is still in effect, but the Judge also issued a restraining order against Franken. Combs no longer speaks about the Physical incidents with Al Franken, siting an agreement made before the Judge who heard the case and ruled in Comb's favor.

I would think any fair minded liberal (and yes, I believe they exist - lol) would distance themselves from the Al Franken's and Michael Moore's, as these people have not helped the liberal cause, they have only damaged it.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"You understand that there's a difference between the publicly owned airwaves - where bandwidth is a public commodity that is regulated by the government (for example, anyone with a dissenting viewpoint can't simply set up their own radio network and start broadcasting) - and the print media, where anyone can print and distribute paper." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, how many Democrats are appearing on MSN, CNN and even Fox and ridiculing Kucinich's proposal. Tucker, MSNBC had two Dem's and one Republican one today that discussed this bill. They all stated it would not make it off the floor. Although the Dem's state they do not like what they perceive to be a bias among many radio personalities, the also state it is a free market and what Kucinich proposes is nothing more then just another from of censorship and government intrusion.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Perfect & Akron,

Do you want to trade? We have the "great" Harry "I did not know I already sold that land" Reid.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 66   End
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio