Conservative talk radio : Swingers Discussion 714831021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative talk radio
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I still do not see the smear that JNM speaks of. Fox simply reported that the Clinton campaign was digging into Obama's past. The London Times, The NY Times, the LA Times, the Las Vegas Sun, The Sacramento Bee, USA Today all carried this story and none of them cited FOX as their source. Most of the papers carried a London Times story that cited an "unnamed source" within Hillary's campaign. Did all these papers and FOX sensationalize the headlines or introduction, sure, but name me one news agency, paper or news outlet that does not do that, right or left. There is a big difference between a smear and a sensationalized headline.

Wolf Blitzer has always had a hard on for FOX and he himself is one of the most biased individual's in today's media. He has railed about how he and his ilk support the troops, but last week on his "the Situation Room", did a show calling GITMO. Abu Grab and other detention facilities "reminiscent of Nazi Concentration Camps, Torture Gulags, and violations of human dignity". HEY WOLF!, the soldiers you claim to support are the MP's, Military Intel, OSI, NCIS, and CID personnel overseeing those places.

I met Blitzer during the first Gulf War. In a conversation with him, Christina Amanpour and a few other so called unbiased journalists, he made it clear to me that he sees the worst in America.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
The suit was for trade mark infringement and libel. The trade mark infringement was dismissed outright and the libel was dismissed because Franken went on record and stated the book was NOT truth but satire. The Judge acknowledged that if Franken claimed the books contents were serious facts, the Judge would have allowed the Libel suit to be heard.

The free speech position was a brilliant argument by Franken's attorney. That is what anyone wants their attorney to do - win. Even if it is misdirection.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Things that make ya go hmmmm!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
So Akron I can rightly say that liberals have .....no orginal thought!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"ole boy! a lollipop? Can I have it?"...what!.... am I "missunderestimating" your profile?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"Yes that was a legal point of the trial. I personally find many truths to what Al Franken says on a variety of topics in his books"...I would be suprised that you didn't!!!!!.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I can't explain why two of the three FOX personalities have not addressed it. Bill O'Reilly did address it, not only on his show in 2003, but in two of his three NUMBER ONE best sellers. He also only posts "parts" of the transcript on his website. You must be a premium member (paid membership) to view the transcript. Just like Al Franken, he only posted the parts of the transcript that place him and FOX news in the best light.

If you read my comments earlier, I clearly stated that when you read the ENTIRE transcript, both FOX and Franken look bad. In my opinion, the lawsuit should of never been brought, it made FOX look like a spoiled child that could not take a little name calling. However, the transcript also points out that what Franken wrote in his book is not "truth" but satire.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JMN wrote:

"Sen, This is you editorializing on the cancellation of Franken's show.Nothing more. Many shows, radio, TV, broadway, etc have been cancelled and shut down on some of the best entertainers in the world and yet you surmise that "this demonstrates that the American People see through Franken's misrepresentation and lies." His books sold like hot cakes and continue selling. I guarantee you, Franken's carreer, both as a politician and a comedian is far from over!" ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your right, it is my opinion. Having said that, I will do two things, one a prediction and one a question.

First, I perdict All Franken will NEVER win a seat in either the Senate or House.

Second, if you believe selling books validates one's "truth" then you should have no problem answering this question and validating the "truth" of one of the authors: Who are the only three authors to ever have THREE (Non-fiction) number one best sellers? Hint, Al Franken IS NOT one of them.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JMN wrote:

""Nowhere (and I have searched) is there even mention of the "other issues" you refer to. IMHO, you have managed to create a right wing Blog masked behind an academic study(your masters program) but nowhere do you elaborate on the "other issues" except to say that they were never released to the media." -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the same thing Al Franken does. He takes words or sentences and twist them to fit his agenda. I NEVER said "they were never released to the media". What I said was "Although public record, it was never released or published by any media outlet." There is a BIG difference.

On Franken's website, he claims he has put up the Court Transcript. When you print it out, it is barely 4 pages long. Yet, the actual transcript that I purchased from the District Court is 63 pages long. So, you tell me is what Franken put up the COMPLETE transcript?

JMN, it appears to me that you are not being open minded. Let me use another example. I obtained for school, but never used, a copy of the Scott Peterson trial. I always assumed the guy was guilty as hell, but after reading the transcript I am shocked at what Court TV, FOX, NBC etc, etc, did NOT report or cover. Based on all the testimony, as well as my experience and past as a investigator, I am shocked Peterson was convicted. My point is that court records many times tell a complete different story then what the media or the "winner" of a trial reports. What the public gets through the media is not the COMPLETE picture. ....and yes, that is my OPINION!

By the way, I received an A on the paper where I talked about the FOX/Franken case. The professor is a Liberal Democrat who is a local Public Defender.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM,

I don't know what else to tell you but to order and obtain a copy of the FULL transcript. If you are just using the internet, both Franken's website and FOX's website are only publishing parts of the transcript. Obviously, the parts that put each in the best light.

All I can say is Franken goes around the country and claims that he proved in court that Fox, and members of Fox lie. Then he provides quotes from the transcript (but not the complete transcript) which he claims supports his points. Neither FOX nor Franken came out looking good. The transcript clearing acknowledges that the Judge calls Frankens book COMEDY and SATIRE, not the truth that Franken claims. FOX, by filing the lawsuit in the first place, comes off looking like the kid that got beat up in the school yard and ran home crying to mommy.

My opinion is FOX made a bigger issue of this then they should have. Franken's ratings and failure as a TV Poltical Talk Show host and then one of the primary hosts of Air America demonstrate that the American people see through his misrepresentation and lies.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 66   End
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio