Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Conservative talk radio
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think it is funny that JFK and LBJ were polar opposites on the "Great Society", that LBJ created after Kennedy's death.

Ah yes the great coup... This was is the changing point for the democratic party. Dems today have changed to be synical and react to the party's single agenda instead of what the party stands for.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I have to admit, if I lived in the times of FDR or Truman, it is likely, based on my belief system I would of been a democrat.

I agree with .38, the Democrat party of today resembles nothing like that of FDR, Truman or even JFK.

I think it is funny that JFK and LBJ were polar opposites on the "Great Society", that LBJ created after Kennedy's death.

JFK believed in you giving something to you country, BEFORE the government did so in return i.e., Peace Corps, Job Corps, Military etc.

LBJ just created a society of hand outs and perpetuated a society that many think they are owed something for doing nothing or for past discrimination or lack of opportunities.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"just better at understanding the game that is political talk radio and marketing it to a listening audience. "...economics 101.......If your product is no good then no amount of marketing is going to save it.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I was wondering when someone was gonna mention this situation. Charter here in Stl were considering this move but customer out cry maintained fox and the line. I guess there are more conservitives here in this market than they thought.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
When it comes to ratings the other thing JNM and his buddy, Olbermann, fail to mention is that FOX news has been moved off many basic and standard cable and satellite programs, where MSNBC has not. Thus FOX news lost 20 percent of households over the last two years through subscription changes that placed them in the Premium categories. The Nielson rating center posts comments concerning that this effects the number of viewers, and is not the fault of the station.

If JNM would do some digging versus just reading the front pages of the rating web sites he would find that information.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Actual numbers please you can get them from Nielsondotcom

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
No thank you not my thing, but you can go ahead and enjoy yourself....:)

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Rephase, bad choice of words, let me explain myself.........JMN...you seem to having some problem here...maybe it could be that your position is full of shit!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
JNM wrote:

"I think the essence of the CNN story was to show how the media, particulary the Murdoch owned media or (conservative right wing media rode the story. I also believe that the CNN story implied the involvement of someone either affiliated with or connected to Murdoch's empire for setting it all in motion, ala "dirty tricks". It was positioned in the CNN story with the headline "Anatomy of a Smear". ------------------------------------------------------------------------ So, it is OK for CNN to IMPLY (which some view as a smear), but not FOX?

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM wrote (qouted):

"JOHN GIBSON, FOX NEWS: The gloves are off. Hillary Clinton reported to be already digging up the dirt on Barack Obama. The New York senator has reportedly outed Obama's madrassa past." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- JNM,

There is nothing in the above quote that smears anyone. Both FOX and Insight, along with the London Times, USA Today and even your illustrious NY times, claims a Hillary "Insider" is the source of this information. Again is it sensationalize - YES! Is the story incomplete - YES. However, EVERY news outlet does this.

Wolf Blitzer and Lou Dobbs were on Larry King last night, the show was titled "Are Americans Really Ready for a Women, African-American or Mexican President". This title appeared constantly at the bottom of the TV, throughout the show. Under your analogy, CNN, King, Blitzer, and Dobbs are "smearing" the American people as being sexist and racist. Therefore, since I am an American, it must apply to me.

Do I agree or like FOX's presentation - NO! I do not like any news that sensationalizes, but to accuse FOX, without acknowledging the same biases exit at the other networks, just displays the BLIND HATRED that you, yourself admit to.

One last fact, ALL schools in Indonesia are Islamic. However, the Jakarta government passed a decree almost 30 years ago that the schools must accept those students who are not practicing Muslims. The decree also stipulated that the schools were forbidden from pressuring or discriminating against students when it came to Islam. This decree was issued due to the growing number of ex-pat’s working in the country and the complaints the government was receiving.

This goes back to the argument YOU supported about the media picking and choosing what they report. In past forums you defended CNN’s, ABC’s, NY Times etc., RIGHT to print the PARTS of a story they thought were important. Perfect, Akron, Gary, Debjack and others stated that was slanted journalism. That by only reporting PART of the truth, it made things look different then they really are. Now that FOX has only reported PART of the truth, you yell SMEAR. I believe it is wrong when both sides do it. You only raise hell, when FOX does it.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
TOPIC: Conservative talk radio