Conservative contributions to society : Swingers Discussion 866091061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative contributions to society
TOPIC: Conservative contributions to society
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
good for you tr, pay mine while your at it.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I gotta throw my two cents in on this one.

No one should have to justify their outlook on life, as long as they are not causing intentional, unjustified harm to another human being.

Where I part company with many on both sides is that I feel it is my responsibility to seek out accurate information to inform my outlook.

I get tired of people parroting talking points. For example, all of the crap about Clinton. Millions of dollars in investigation and very little has been found. But that does not stop people from continuing to post unproven allegations daily.

Now I am certainly not a Hillary supporter, and wasn't a Bill supporter either. But, really, when are we going to stop hearing about the "mysterious" deaths surrounding the Clintons, or the Kennedys? Correlation is not causation, as any beginning Stats student will tell you.

My simple outlook is that we are all in this together. I don't stand alone, and the success that I have had is, to some measure, due to the help I have gotten through my life. So I favor helping others.

Taxes are a cost of doing business. I have nice roads, safe food, and reasonable personal safety because of the taxes that I pay. And I am glad to pay them.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
maybe in your so-called mind.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
All beliefs need to be justified, at al times, from within and without.

Main Entry: lib·er·al·ism Pronunciation: 'li-b(&-)r&-"li-z&m Function: noun 1. : the quality or state of being liberal 2. a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties d capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party

It seems pretty important, and completely justified. Especially today with our rights under attack from both sides of the aisle!

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
what justifies liberalism today?

I didn't know my beliefs need to be justified. thought I had freedom of expression.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Is there anybody who read the definition of liberal and feels that BY DEFINITON it's a bad thing? Just because some democrats call themseves, or some agitators call them liberal we don't have to believe them. And still, I'm looking for some great conservative contribution. The soviet threat is gone, what justifies conservatism TODAY?

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
excuse me here lusty, but Lincoln ended slavery, he was a Republican, btw...lol the libs today are ruining the democratic party...you know them as traitors, thieves, liars and clintons...you just looked at an old definition before they lost their soul.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Zing, I read A LOT more than I post. I've read your responses to numerous topics and I know Akron's opinion of them and you. I pity you, that you feel your opinion is worthless. I don't. Yours or Akron's, or anyone else's. There is a world of difference between worthless, mistaken, and wrong.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
lusty,

I'm a constitutionalist. I want to preserve/conserve the integrity of that document. Like the so-called right to privacy, that appears no place in the constitution or the right to an abortion isn't there either.

I believe if it's not in there the govt can't do it. It's then up to the states. I rest tearing apart the constitution. and spying on terrorists isnt' tearing it apart.

If the govt wants to listen to my calls, they can, they'll be bored and move on.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
But again, wouldn't the "conservative" thing to do would be to resist these changes?

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 86   End
TOPIC: Conservative contributions to society