Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ... 99  Next »
791 to 800 of 983
User Details are only visible to members.
BTW...I saw Blacks beaten and water hosed for sitting at the wrong seat in a diner in the south in MY lifetime...so spare me the "150 years ago" and the "I never owned a slave" crap My people were fisherman in Sicily when Jews were being gassed Germany, but my taxes still go to the Billions in guilt ransom we send Israel every year, I am still get called "anti Semitic" if I happen to criticize Israel for evicting families who have owned land for 500 years to build settlements or drop cluster bombs on civilians

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Vabeach...I used the slavery example only to point out that what is right is right and facts are facts, be you north or south of the Ohio River

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Being from Indiana, I decided "the South" was everything below I 70. North of there, the land is flat, and the soil is black; south of there, it's red and hilly.

In the south, it isn't good to work outside in the summer. It can kill you, in fact. Back in the old days, you couldn't prosper without having disposable people -- slaves -- doing that work, while you reaped the profits.

In the North, farmers and everyone else can prosper because the growing season is also the time of year with tolerable weather. In the South, a factory is about as bad as a field, maybe worse, in hot weather.

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I was in turkey in 66.was not allowed in the slave markets.islam still belive in slavery.most of the arab world belives in slavery.there are still slaves today..............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
*groan* re: slavery.

Please stop this crap.

Most Northern states had slavery too. As did Canada, most countries in Europe.. most of the world, actually. Almost all areas in the world gave up slavery some time in the 19th century. Why do they all get a pass (to the point where most people are unaware it even existed there) while continuing to beat up the Southern states 150 years later? Many northern states like New Jersey had legal slaves right into the Civil War, yet they sneer at us like they're awesome and we suck, even though none of us were even alive at the time. WTF is with that? States like IL, CT, NY, OH etc still had slaves while Texas was fighting to keep theirs. Of the 29 states and territories in the 1840 census, 25 of them had slaves. Yet, nobody mentions that, do they? We'll just beat up on Mississippi for an eternity because it's politically convenient. Wisconsin gets forgotten. Even though everyone involved in it is dead now, we'll still beat that drum.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
No needed to watch movies, I have spend a LOT time in the south for my former employer. When the parent company bought out a Ga based company, I was tasked to bring some business units in Ga, Tn and SC up to speed and spend 14 months in those three states. I at one point told Ms perks by phone"if we had to live down here, I would be in a fight every day" The bullshit pseudo tough guy crap annoys the bejeses out of me The sicking sweet dripping off the walls from the women is equally as annoying...I am not your honey, sweey or sugar. I am well aware of the "City slicker" and "Warshinton" paranoia. Thing is, Dixie is not an alternate Universe 1+1 still equals 2 The south still fired on Ft Sumter Texas still wanted independence from Mexico to keep their slaves And the big bang still happened 13.7 billion years ago

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I think those people exist everywhere. I also think you've been watching too many movies. This isn't "Mississippi Burning".

More than anything, Southerners don't like people on the other side of the country tugging the strings of their guys in Washington telling them how to live. I've dealt with a lot of these mofos in Washington and continue to on a regular basis. I also deal with these mofos in California who openly talk about how they feel it's their duty to have people in Washington attempt to force their way of life on us "uncivilized" folk. They don't like the overwhelming arrogance of people in other parts of the country who think they know what's best for them and ridicule them.

The mentality here is much more "leave me the fuck alone." Of course, some people are hypocrites - as they are everywhere. Just in different ways. A Southerner is more likely to say "let me live how I want.. but don't you go bein' gay". A Northeasterner is more likely to say "let me live how I want... HEY you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car that gets that kind of gas mileage."

Just fascists of different brands. My biggest complaint about people of most political stripes. Some want to control your sex life. Some your education. How you raise your kids. How much money you can keep from what you earn. How you can earn it. Your house, your food, your car, your job, your insurance, your health, etc. Depending on what they think they should or should not be controlling varies.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
I had to slow down a bit in my transition from NY to Chicago believe it or not, but that is not what I am talking about. I am referring to the simultaneous delusion of grandeur and persecution The self contradictory moral and ethical codes The male centrism The faux conviviality The female self deprecation The willful anti intellect That sort of thing

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Just because I know what you mean doesn't mean that I think it's a fair assessment. I just mean I used to believe the same way before I came to live among the people here. I have also spent a considerable amount of time in northern Florida, western NC and western SC over the last 7 years.

"Southern Living" is a lifestyle of sorts, and of course is resisted by transplants who come here, and adopted by others outside of the area. When I first moved here from the caffeine-fueled Northeast, I wanted to scream "COME ON!!!!!" at everyone and everything. Once I learned to calm down and enjoy life this way, I've become hooked. I'd never go back. Some come here for just jobs. Some come for the climate. For the cheaper housing. For the (usually) lower taxes. Some like it. Some don't. To each their own.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
Glad you know what I mean...because there are those who could not have discussed it would falling into blind rage....so it's for the best

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ... 99  Next »
791 to 800 of 983
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy