Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  74.3  75.3  76.3  77.3  78.3  79.3  80.3  81.3  82.3  83.3  ... 102  Next »
784 to 793 of 1012
User Details are only visible to members.
Again:

So?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
"Many northern states like New Jersey had legal slaves right into the Civil War... States like IL, CT, NY, OH etc still had slaves while Texas was fighting to keep theirs. Of the 29 states and territories in the 1840 census, 25 of them had slaves. "

So, how many states south of the Mason-Dixon line had decided to outlaw slavery? How many European countries had legal slaves as of 1804? Or 1840? or 1860?

The South didn't just insist on their superior judgement over the rest of the civilized world in this matter, they had no intention of ever phasing out slavery. At least their leaders didn't.

Less than 1/4 of southerners owned slaves in 1860, if the numbers I posted are correct. Yet they fought their own country, and died, for the crazy priorities of the slaveowners in their states.

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Not at all. But neither you, I, nor Jimmy Joe Bobby on his 4-wheeler bears any responsibility for it whatsoever.

Bigotry: Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination (against); the characteristic qualities of a bigot.

You are preaching intolerance and prejudice against Southerners.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
Pointing out the evils of the North American slave trade is bigotry?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
So?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
wikipedia sez:

- .. by 1804, all states north of the Mason and Dixon Line had either abolished slavery outright or passed laws for the gradual abolition of slavery.

- By the 1860 United States Census, the slave population in the United States had grown to four million. Of all 1,515,605 families in the 15 slave states, 393,967 held slaves (roughly one in four).

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Oh for the love of....

The majority of slaves in the Atlantic slave trade went to South America and the Caribbean and persisted for some time after it ended in the US, especially Brazil.

Stop this bigotry. And yes, it is.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
"You have the RIGHT to bare arms..."

Big deal, who the hell cares about bare arms? I'd rather see bare boobies.

Come to think of it, I'd rather see bare naked ladies. Bare arms just don't do it for me.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Bi not me, but he obviously hasn't been getting it for a long time.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
My question for this thread is. Who gives a shit what this moron doesn't get?

Lubbock TX
Username hidden
(322 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  74.3  75.3  76.3  77.3  78.3  79.3  80.3  81.3  82.3  83.3  ... 102  Next »
784 to 793 of 1012
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.