Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ... 102  Next »
731 to 740 of 1012
User Details are only visible to members.
"It pretty much all came down to slavery. (How's that for a source?)"

Good source, Poor analysis.. It had to do with the Federal Gov't not enforcing the Constitution, which happened to be related to slavery.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18743 posts)
""But surely they were no better than traitors. Their core goal was to perpetuate one of humankind's most repugnant institutions - a truly evil cause that thankfully was defeated."

REAL complex.

Now you're back-peddling.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18743 posts)
You call that backpedaling? Man, you really are simple.

In many fields that require intellectual vigor, the question of causation is a very complex one. This is the case in science, law and historical analysis. The shades and nuances of causation are far beyond what a parrot can understand. The parrot can only say, "Money caused the war," or "The war was not about slavery," or "victors write history."

There is no debate about the most immediate cause of the war. It was South Carolina's secession.

There is no debate about the causes for South Carolina's secession. That is because the state announced them in a "Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union."

It pretty much all came down to slavery. (How's that for a source?)

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2377 posts)
"The question of what caused the civil war is complex - economics, culture, states' rights, how to admit new states.... Slavery was integrally related to every one of these issues. Historians write history, full time sex site bloggers merely parrot revisionist themes. "

Now the back-peddling and attacks begin. I wish the facts and sources would start too.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18743 posts)
The question of what caused the civil war is complex - economics, culture, states' rights, how to admit new states.... Slavery was integrally related to every one of these issues. Historians write history, full time sex site bloggers merely parrot revisionist themes.

Moncton Nothing
Username hidden
(2377 posts)
"There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former."

Robert E. Lee 1856

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18743 posts)
Cheaters deserve it though.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3294 posts)
Swingers are actually lower on the social totem pole than gay and lesbians. You can add cheaters to that list also.

Username hidden
(574 posts)
Civil War Fun Fact: Confederate General Robert E Lee did not own slaves because he didn't believe in it.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3294 posts)
"But surely they were no better than traitors. Their core goal was to perpetuate one of humankind's most repugnant institutions - a truly evil cause that thankfully was defeated."

Pure propaganda written by the victors. There goal was money. They wanted to keep theirs and the North wanted to take some of it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18743 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ... 102  Next »
731 to 740 of 1012
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.