Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510672
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... More 
Start   672 to 681 of 784   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I **never said** "staggeringly high taxes" was a Democratic party platform. "

Well, OK, it took a few readings to get it. Sorry. The first thing you listed, "universal health care" is, I thought, a Dem party platform position; the rest, not so much.

"Staggering" implies that someone is indifferent whether you could prosper or perhaps even function under the burden. Thus it aligns with many right-wing "big government" rants, none of which seem very rational.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Democrats talk to Republicans like they are sane, reasonable people".

Out of context! -- I said I wish they wouldn't. -----

I think you misread what I was saying. I said you complained that Democrats talked to Republicans like they are sane, reasonable people. How is that different than saying you wish they wouldn't talk to Republicans like they are sane, reasonable people.

In any case, it's a rather sorry excuse for a criticism of your own party. It would be like me saying I'm disappointed that Republicans don't round up Democrats and jail them. That's not a self-criticism - it's a swipe at Democrats with a transparent veneer of self-criticism.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
"Democrats talk to Republicans like they are sane, reasonable people".

Out of context! -- I said I wish they wouldn't. I may be getting my wish. The gloves are coming off.

Obama and the American people recognize the GOP are driven and stampeded by the evil NRA and greedy corporations, and they'll never cooperate with any worthwhile progress.

Therefore, they must be bludgeoned into submission. The fate of the world is at stake.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I SAID that there were Democrats who believe in positions that are not part of the Democratic party platform. SOME Democrats DO want "staggeringly high taxes". I mentioned it as an example of something some members of the party believe in, but it doesn't define the party, just like SOME Republicans want to criminalize certain sexual lifestyles without it defining the party's platform. I **never said** "staggeringly high taxes" was a Democratic party platform.

YOU edited it to change it to me saying that the Democratic party platform HAD those positions. This entirely changes the meaning of what I said. It's careless at best and dishonest at worst.

It is a waste of time debating something I never even said.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
umm, I guess I should have said "Democrats are proponents of staggeringly high taxes"?? etc

Or maybe if you don't like the question, you insult the questioner, knee jerk like.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
That wasn't directed at you, Sed.

I disagree with you on plenty of things too, sometimes getting a little frustrated with it, but I don't feel the need to mock or insult you. I can respectfully disagree with respectful, honest people.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
Who me? Please baby. People like them is a cat and mouse thing... I watch lazily and once in a while I paw their ratty tail to amuse myself! There is no jerking these guys, look at them, they need to be jerking each other off!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
This is something that irks me to no end, with people from all ideologies. There is no "one size fits all" party. Everyone will have things they disagree with with their party, and people whose ferocious loyalty to their party - WHATEVER party - who are unwilling to admit the shortcomings within drive me fucking nuts.

SA recently tried (as have I in the past) to incite people to criticize their own party. While I think this is a good exercise for honest people, honest people are in desperately short supply around here. I didn't partake this time because I saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to engage with those types.

I'll happily criticize Republicans and have to no end, much to the continuing surprise and frustration of those who expect me to be lock-step with every Republican-esque policy. But most (such as the brazenly dishonest person who misquoted me just now) write things like "Democrats talk to Republicans like they are sane, reasonable people". That's using the thread as just another way to insult opponents, rather than go through the honest introspection asked for in the OP.

I pretty much knew what I was getting into with this guy, and I am not surprised by how it went, although I attempted to give him a fair shake. Shake's over. Enjoy your circle jerk with Ghost, Z and Outdoor, PartyPerks.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
See, this is precisely what I always complain about, how hard some on the Left work to pain the Right as an evil entity that prays to those of the likes of Rush.

But here is a clue for you pudgy.

VA is a Conservative with many social liberal outlooks. I am as well, I am pro choice, I am pro gays, marriage adoption etc... I am a greeny tree hugger, I support immigration reform. And I am nauseated by those of your likes. And while there are exceptions to every rule, it is YOUR kind who created the current gap between the classes, your kind that is responsible for why there is a division so deep between the two parties. It is people with your mentality both, in the Whitehouse and regular citizenry that are unable to come to any terms.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16513 posts)
"Just like there are Democrats who are proponents of plenty of things that are not Democratic party platforms, such as universal health care, price controls, nationalization of industries, staggeringly high taxes on income and even wealth, etc."

If you're going to quote me, don't edit what I say to change its meaning.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... More 
Start   672 to 681 of 784   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it