Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510541
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 783   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, it was a pretty stupid idea to secede, to form the Confederate States, to attack Fort Sumter, etc. All because the Feds said no more slave states.

The flag as a symbol of a country has a pretty deep meaning. If you are in a battle, that flag indicates your allegiance; you attack it or you defend it. Flying the flag of an enemy of the United States is a strong anti-American statement.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Vacp:

"I had relatives who died it the war. Maybe for some of us it is paying respect to our fallen family members.Learn to think outside of the box and not just live in your own little world. Oh and by the way my family never owned any slaves. We were just small farmers with a few animal and grew crops."

Yes and supported the industry of slavery and inhumane treatment of your fellow human beings. Had I any family who were involved with the confederates... I would do what ever I could to stricken them from the family tree, burn those branches in a manner to ensure their decent into hell.

It wouldn't matter if they never owned slaves or if they did... They fought against the national government to protect slavery... A unacceptable decision.

If I found them in the afterlife, I would hand deliver them unto the worst parts of hell, where traitors to humanity are sent, for the industries of slavery are industries of treason against humanity itself.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
"not this shit again"

LOL!! New people.

I'm keeping it short and sweet.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Outdoors, How can you say a Confederate flag says that. It is all part of the history of the South. I had relatives who died it the war. Maybe for some of us it is paying respect to our fallen family members.Learn to think outside of the box and not just live in your own little world. Oh and by the way my family never owned any slaves. We were just small farmers with a few animal and grew crops.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
As I suggested, there were geographic and climatic reasons that slavery was profitable and "necessary" in southern places. Europe was almost entirely north of that zone, and slavery just wasn't worth the trouble. New England likewise.

From the military beatdown of the South to the current anti-government (tea party) self-immolation, there's just more resistance to doing the right thing down here.

Maybe the "voting against one's own interest" phenomenon applies to 40% in a northern state and 60% in a southern state. But there is a clear geographic tendency. Which states have forwarded the biggest "secession" petitions?

The confederate flag on a neighbor's property is like a sign saying, "I am retarded and proud of it. Come and get me, sucka! I have guns!!"

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Whether you're talking about Robert's post, or mine.....

I agree.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17524 posts)
Oh sweet Jesus,

Not this shit again...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
Va:

That would all depend upon when the southern states and those of the northern states drop the dog eat dog mentality.... When the mentality of the US American becomes to build society up and not rape and pillage... Then you deserve forgiveness.

Until then and so long as you teach each next generation to rape and pillage for every bit of profit you may obtain, to not make life better for all, but rather take only for yourself... The Southern mentality must be reminded of the shame their mentality brings upon itself.... And this nation.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
You chickened out.

Would I be out of line in suggesting where you were going with that is that the Northern states have some kind of eternal moral high ground over the Southern ones?

A state that gave up slavery in 213 years ago is a saint, and one that gave it up by force 148 years ago is a sinner?

Even though everyone involved is long dead?

The world is full of guilty people if this is the case. The German and Japanese people - many of whose victims still survive - should be wracked with guilt for their inhumanity and brutality. Events that happened within the lifetime of your parents. Yet no - the Southern states remain unique in their eternal guilt trip you lay upon them.

What about 100 years from now? Will that be enough time? 700 years?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17524 posts)
So ... I see more Rebel flags down here than I ever saw up north. Crosses, too. I do believe there's a psychological connection.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 783   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it