Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510541
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Va:

That would all depend upon when the southern states and those of the northern states drop the dog eat dog mentality.... When the mentality of the US American becomes to build society up and not rape and pillage... Then you deserve forgiveness.

Until then and so long as you teach each next generation to rape and pillage for every bit of profit you may obtain, to not make life better for all, but rather take only for yourself... The Southern mentality must be reminded of the shame their mentality brings upon itself.... And this nation.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
You chickened out.

Would I be out of line in suggesting where you were going with that is that the Northern states have some kind of eternal moral high ground over the Southern ones?

A state that gave up slavery in 213 years ago is a saint, and one that gave it up by force 148 years ago is a sinner?

Even though everyone involved is long dead?

The world is full of guilty people if this is the case. The German and Japanese people - many of whose victims still survive - should be wracked with guilt for their inhumanity and brutality. Events that happened within the lifetime of your parents. Yet no - the Southern states remain unique in their eternal guilt trip you lay upon them.

What about 100 years from now? Will that be enough time? 700 years?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
So ... I see more Rebel flags down here than I ever saw up north. Crosses, too. I do believe there's a psychological connection.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Yes, 3/4 of those southerns who didn't own slaves and the majority of Northerners who weren't abolishionists went to war with each other over slavery.

Liberals are so fucking stupid.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16848 posts)
Again:

So?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
"Many northern states like New Jersey had legal slaves right into the Civil War... States like IL, CT, NY, OH etc still had slaves while Texas was fighting to keep theirs. Of the 29 states and territories in the 1840 census, 25 of them had slaves. "

So, how many states south of the Mason-Dixon line had decided to outlaw slavery? How many European countries had legal slaves as of 1804? Or 1840? or 1860?

The South didn't just insist on their superior judgement over the rest of the civilized world in this matter, they had no intention of ever phasing out slavery. At least their leaders didn't.

Less than 1/4 of southerners owned slaves in 1860, if the numbers I posted are correct. Yet they fought their own country, and died, for the crazy priorities of the slaveowners in their states.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Not at all. But neither you, I, nor Jimmy Joe Bobby on his 4-wheeler bears any responsibility for it whatsoever.

Bigotry: Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination (against); the characteristic qualities of a bigot.

You are preaching intolerance and prejudice against Southerners.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
Pointing out the evils of the North American slave trade is bigotry?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
So?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19179 posts)
wikipedia sez:

- .. by 1804, all states north of the Mason and Dixon Line had either abolished slavery outright or passed laws for the gradual abolition of slavery.

- By the 1860 United States Census, the slave population in the United States had grown to four million. Of all 1,515,605 families in the 15 slave states, 393,967 held slaves (roughly one in four).

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it