Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510531
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... More 
Start   531 to 540 of 774   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Would I be out of line in suggesting where you were going with that is that the Northern states have some kind of eternal moral high ground over the Southern ones? A state that gave up slavery in 213 years ago is a saint, and one that gave it up by force 148 years ago is a sinner?"

Using your numbers, it seems the South was about 65 years behind the North in moral evolution, as of the 1860's.

I would love to believe that all is well, and that the South has caught up or seriously closed the gap. Is the South of 2013 on higher moral ground than the North of 1948?

Maybe so. I'd certainly hope so. But many are riding the brakes, or jamming the gears into reverse. Dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I have seen Japanese flags flown in this country they were one time our enemy. I have seen Mexican flags flown in this country I do believe we one had a war with them.Spanish flags had a war with them.Italian flags I do kinda remember a war with them too.So what is your point.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"Do you have a problem with people from other countries that live here flying their flag here in the US. That to could be said to be anti-american. "

No, the local Thai restaurant has little flags all around, but they've never been a US enemy.

The Confederacy was created to be the enemy of the United States, and was so for the entirety of their existence. The flag was never flown EXCEPT as a symbol of defiance and hostility toward the US Govt.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
First off Robert F*CK YOU!! pretty easy for you to understand I hope. I am proud of my family tree. If I was ashamed of anyone in my family it would be anyone who cut and run or had your kind of ideas running through their brains.

Outdoors: Never said it was a smart thing to do. But times were different back then. Also since The Confederate States are no longer around. I don't see were you say it is a flag of our enemy. Do you have a problem with people from other countries that live here flying their flag here in the US. That to could be said to be anti-american.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Well, it was a pretty stupid idea to secede, to form the Confederate States, to attack Fort Sumter, etc. All because the Feds said no more slave states.

The flag as a symbol of a country has a pretty deep meaning. If you are in a battle, that flag indicates your allegiance; you attack it or you defend it. Flying the flag of an enemy of the United States is a strong anti-American statement.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Vacp:

"I had relatives who died it the war. Maybe for some of us it is paying respect to our fallen family members.Learn to think outside of the box and not just live in your own little world. Oh and by the way my family never owned any slaves. We were just small farmers with a few animal and grew crops."

Yes and supported the industry of slavery and inhumane treatment of your fellow human beings. Had I any family who were involved with the confederates... I would do what ever I could to stricken them from the family tree, burn those branches in a manner to ensure their decent into hell.

It wouldn't matter if they never owned slaves or if they did... They fought against the national government to protect slavery... A unacceptable decision.

If I found them in the afterlife, I would hand deliver them unto the worst parts of hell, where traitors to humanity are sent, for the industries of slavery are industries of treason against humanity itself.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
"not this shit again"

LOL!! New people.

I'm keeping it short and sweet.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Outdoors, How can you say a Confederate flag says that. It is all part of the history of the South. I had relatives who died it the war. Maybe for some of us it is paying respect to our fallen family members.Learn to think outside of the box and not just live in your own little world. Oh and by the way my family never owned any slaves. We were just small farmers with a few animal and grew crops.

Berryville VA

Username hidden
(1750 posts)
As I suggested, there were geographic and climatic reasons that slavery was profitable and "necessary" in southern places. Europe was almost entirely north of that zone, and slavery just wasn't worth the trouble. New England likewise.

From the military beatdown of the South to the current anti-government (tea party) self-immolation, there's just more resistance to doing the right thing down here.

Maybe the "voting against one's own interest" phenomenon applies to 40% in a northern state and 60% in a southern state. But there is a clear geographic tendency. Which states have forwarded the biggest "secession" petitions?

The confederate flag on a neighbor's property is like a sign saying, "I am retarded and proud of it. Come and get me, sucka! I have guns!!"

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Whether you're talking about Robert's post, or mine.....

I agree.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17605 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... More 
Start   531 to 540 of 774   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it