Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... More 
Start   501 to 510 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"But surely they were no better than traitors. Their core goal was to perpetuate one of humankind's most repugnant institutions - a truly evil cause that thankfully was defeated."

Pure propaganda written by the victors. There goal was money. They wanted to keep theirs and the North wanted to take some of it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
I don't get this thread. Being conservative doesn't make you sexually repressed, nor does being liberal mean that you're sexually liberated and accepting of various sexual practices. I lean slightly to the left and I know plenty of libs who would condem my chosen lifestyle. Many of our swing partners have conservatives.

Neither political party in this country wants to be associated with swingers. According to mainstream America, we're dirty sexual deviants whose lives are dominated by our lustful sins. Swingers are actually lower on the social totem pole than gay and lesbians. It's a crime to discriminate against gays, but how many of you are afraid of this lifestyle impacting your job if your lifestyle were to be uncovered? If a politician turns out to be gay, he/she might still be reelected. But imagine if your town mayor or state governor was outed as a swinger? Political career over.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
"The southerners were exercising the same right to self-determination that is embedded in our Declaration and Constitution"

The distinction I make is between an autocratic King with no representation, and a duly elected government with equal representation.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
I think PP draws a fair contrast between the communal shame that exists in Germany and the strained justifications for the Civil War offered by a lot of southern Americans today.

I do not agree with his or Robert's theme that the people in the southern states were traitors. The southerners were exercising the same right to self-determination that is embedded in our Declaration and Constitution. They did so openly and through elected officials. The cause had overwhelming popular support.

But surely they were no better than traitors. Their core goal was to perpetuate one of humankind's most repugnant institutions - a truly evil cause that thankfully was defeated.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Most of the participants in Germany from WW2 are dead of in their final years of life. Only a tiny element of wackos (I know this because I have been there) are "proud" of what that generation of Germans did. German's regard it as a bad time in their history, and recognize it is a shameful heritage.

In the US in regards to the civil war, thesre is a sor of 'Reverse political correctness" going on in the South. There are those who want to revise history to make the civil war just a "misunderstanding" Bulls**t It was treason against the United States and those who participated in the act of treason were criminals who knowingly or not, fought to preserve some of the most horrific acts in human history. Trying to make it anything other than that is nonsense and an insult to the US

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Bobby I really don't know were to start with you. First of all I NEVER said I agreed with slavery. What I said was I am proud of my family. That was a 150 years ago times were different. As I stated we did not own slaves just small farms in Loudoun County Virginia. My family had three man killed in the war. Ones was killed at the 2nd Battle of Manassas and the other two were killed in the Shenandoah Valley Campaign.And had one that was wounded and survived the war to return and make a good life for his family.Right or wrong my family survived to grow and be proud of what we have become. I would not consider my family racist for having fought in the war on the side of the South.

Now for the Japanese I guess we should have just let them run wild. They attacked us at Pearl Harbor I don't think we bombed them first did we. Yes we gave aide to China. The Japanese were committing atrocities against China.I guess that was ok too?

Germany, yes we gave them aide. We patrolled our coast lines to protect our ships from German U-Boats.Hitler would have taken over most of Europe if we had not given aide to England.

We had tried to stay out of direct conflict in WWII. Only when we were attacked did we respond. We only declared war on Japan it was Germany who declared war on us.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"... walk the hollowed grounds of Gettysburg. You will find the grounds have monuments from units of both sides ..."

I may just do that. I likely had ancestors on both sides. But it won't make me want to fly the rebel flag at my home. It would be just celebrating the worst idea ever retained by civilization, leading to the worst tragedy in this nation's history.

You might be part German, and you might also visit a WW2 battlefield site, or the Holocaust Museum. Would that inspire you to fly the flag of Nazi Germany?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Rich:

You do not know evil then. We have empowered more evil dictators than we have taken out of power, we have caused one war after another, just to sell arms to one side or the other.

The military industrial complex is the evil which keeps the US at war with the world and why you pay so much in taxes to keep rich men rich.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
Vacp:

Mores the piety if you are proud of ignorance and the protection of a right to own slaves.

As for my point, it is that sense the civil war, the US has picked the fight we have fought every time. Both world wars were. It wars which involved us... Until we stick our noses into them. Korea and Vietnam were wars we ought never have fought... They bother were wars which meant nothing to the US as the type if nations that those people would have is the right for they, not we to bleed and die for.

Until we give up power and sovereignty to a greater nation than the US (a global nation), we have no right to invade another nation or interfearance in other nations internal politics. We are not the world and the world doesn't belong to the US alone, let alone the western world.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7782 posts)
And your point is what???

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... More 
Start   501 to 510 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it