Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... More 
Start   491 to 500 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We hold that the Government thus established is subject to the two great principles asserted in the Declaration of Independence; and we hold further, that the mode of its formation subjects it to a third fundamental principle, namely: the law of compact. We maintain that in every compact between two or more parties, the obligation is mutual; that the failure of one of the contracting parties to perform a material part of the agreement, entirely releases the obligation of the other; and that where no arbiter is provided, each party is remitted to his own judgment to determine the fact of failure, with all its consequences. In the present case, that fact is established with certainty. We assert that fourteen of the States have deliberately refused, for years past, to fulfill their constitutional obligations, and we refer to their own Statutes for the proof. The Constitution of the United States, in its fourth Article, provides as follows: "No person held to service or labor in one State, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up, on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due." This stipulation was so material to the compact, that without it that compact would not have been made. The greater number of the contracting parties held slaves, and they had previously evinced their estimate of the value of such a stipulation by making it a condition in the Ordinance for the government of the territory ceded by Virginia, which now composes the States north of the Ohio River.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
"It pretty much all came down to slavery. (How's that for a source?)"

Good source, Poor analysis.. It had to do with the Federal Gov't not enforcing the Constitution, which happened to be related to slavery.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
""But surely they were no better than traitors. Their core goal was to perpetuate one of humankind's most repugnant institutions - a truly evil cause that thankfully was defeated."

REAL complex.

Now you're back-peddling.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
You call that backpedaling? Man, you really are simple.

In many fields that require intellectual vigor, the question of causation is a very complex one. This is the case in science, law and historical analysis. The shades and nuances of causation are far beyond what a parrot can understand. The parrot can only say, "Money caused the war," or "The war was not about slavery," or "victors write history."

There is no debate about the most immediate cause of the war. It was South Carolina's secession.

There is no debate about the causes for South Carolina's secession. That is because the state announced them in a "Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union."

It pretty much all came down to slavery. (How's that for a source?)

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"The question of what caused the civil war is complex - economics, culture, states' rights, how to admit new states.... Slavery was integrally related to every one of these issues. Historians write history, full time sex site bloggers merely parrot revisionist themes. "

Now the back-peddling and attacks begin. I wish the facts and sources would start too.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
The question of what caused the civil war is complex - economics, culture, states' rights, how to admit new states.... Slavery was integrally related to every one of these issues. Historians write history, full time sex site bloggers merely parrot revisionist themes.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former."

Robert E. Lee 1856

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
Cheaters deserve it though.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Swingers are actually lower on the social totem pole than gay and lesbians. You can add cheaters to that list also.

Username hidden
(574 posts)
Civil War Fun Fact: Confederate General Robert E Lee did not own slaves because he didn't believe in it.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... More 
Start   491 to 500 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it