Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510481
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... More 
Start   481 to 490 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Outdoors:

The southerners wouldn't have been so beaten if they stopped acting like primitives and started embracing equality, the entire human race as their equal, and actually cared for other humans besides themselves.

Sadly, it is easier to remain the example of the human Ape, rather than the Human Being which each of us is fully capable of being.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7695 posts)
"The white Southern narrative — at least in the dominant Southern conservative version — is one of defeat after defeat. First the attempt of white Southerners to create a new nation in which they can be the majority was defeated by the U.S. Army during the Civil War. Doomed to be a perpetual minority in a continental American nation-state, white Southerners managed for a century to create their own state-within-a-state, in which they could collectively lord it over the other major group in the region, African-Americans. But Southern apartheid was shattered by the second defeat, the Civil Rights revolution, which like the Civil War and Reconstruction was symbolized by the dispatching of federal troops to the South..."

salon.c om/2013/02/05/the_white_souths_last_defeat/

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
From the South Carolina Declaration:

"A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free," and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction."

Parrot keeps denying the obvious.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
"Good source, Poor analysis.. It had to do with the Federal Gov't not enforcing the Constitution, which happened to be related to slavery. "

That's like saying we went to war with the British over the Stamp act, the Townshed Acts and the Tea Act, which "happened to be related" to independence.

Your position is pathetically weak.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
While you live in a democracy/republic and you pick up a rifle to impose your views upon the nation, is when you become a traitor.

That is what the south did. They couldn't handle being part of something bigger than they. So they chose to murder their way to gain what they wanted. I give them and those who support those who fought on the side of the confedertcy no room to make excuses for supporting those ideals.

All of the confederacies ideals were made unacceptable by the support of slavory and to use violence against your nation to obtain their ideals... Because the confederacy became a traitors with their actions.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7695 posts)
VAB, I think you got it right nuff said!!

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Doesn't it always amaze you when the people who claim loudly that they acceptive of different opinions and tolerant of others beliefs are the ones to scream the loudest when anyone disagrees with them???

Amazing, isn't it. At least the religious zealots on the far right don't even pretend to respect other peoples thoughts and ideas.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
Reminds me of the Teacher on Charlie Brown....Wha wha wha....Bobby reading others posts...Lmao

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
We tend to only call them traitors when they lose. If they win they become Founding Fathers.

I don't think anyone will deny this statement:

There always exists some point where one can justify revolution, violent if necessary, to escape a tyrannical government.

Now - just where that point is... can be debated. Although I don't want to debate it, and no - I don't think we're anywhere in that realm.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20218 posts)
Maritimers:

"The question of what caused the civil war is complex - economics, culture, states' rights, how to admit new states.... Slavery was integrally related to every one of these issues. Historians write history, full time sex site bloggers merely parrot revisionist themes."

It doesn't matter how integral slavery was, to take up arms against your country and try to use the declaration of independence or constitution as your shield doesn't make you any less of a traitor.

We had open and free elections, laws which are unfair or illegal must only be challenged in court and the combatants lawyers and people making arguments for what is right and what isn't... With the weapons of the spoken and written word.

The use of weapons to make the case, the use of death as a means to say you are right, is no more evolved or promotes the institution of freedom, than raping a woman and declaring her your wife is freedom for woman.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7695 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... More 
Start   481 to 490 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it