Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510471
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... More 
Start   471 to 480 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Few northerners in 2013 have grounds to be self-righteous on behalf of northerners who fought in the civil war well over a century ago.

That, however, utterly fails to explain the grounds on which a southerner today would have to justify the actions of southerners who fought in that same war so long ago.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
BS...The civil war stated because Davis and his inner circle wanted to create an agrarian slavocratic empire stretching from Richmond to Tierra del Fuego, and he knew that could not happen while attached to the United States with a growing group of "radical republicans" and abolitionists. So like most demagogs he sold his semi literate poverty stricken mostly NON slave owning population on a fake bill of goods about "states rights" and 'northern aggression" THAT is why the civil war started

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Big:

"c ongress past high taxes on cotton and tobacco for export.it needed cotton for the mills of the north.c & t brought more money form overseas mills and cumsumers.the north wanted to force the south to ship it produce north."

There ought to be no tax high enough to damage a slave trade. There ought to be no punishment grave enough for a slave owner. If the people of the south didn't want the kind of taxation you speak of, then they should have chosen to use the legal system and if they could not win in the legal system... Then they should have simply left the nation.

I have zero sympathy for the entire south, no union general killed enough confederates and slave owners.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6894 posts)
"high taxes on southern produce was the main cause of the civil war.........BS"

You are correct BS, but South Carolina had no legal grounds to leave the Union because of taxes and tarrifs. They thought they had, and probably did have, an out with the Federal Gov't not upholding the Constitution.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes .............blah, blah"

How does any of THAT break the COMPACT???????

Poor analysis.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
c ongress past high taxes on cotton and tobacco for export.it needed cotton for the mills of the north.c & t brought more money form overseas mills and cumsumers.the north wanted to force the south to ship it produce north.....BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
if you would read why and cause you know why the war started.robert read before you start thowing out bullshit.you don't have a clue of what you are talking about.read,read,read.............BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
Yeah...that was it

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
high taxes on southern produce was the main cause of the civil war.........BS

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
That's an interesting and timely article, and I highly recommend it. One may disagree with various parts, but it still has good points of contention. A couple of demographic maps (linked in the article) are also good.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... More 
Start   471 to 480 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it