Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 103  Next »
461 to 470 of 1024
User Details are only visible to members.
Of course it's silly. Gusher's entire entrance was laughable. He's like so many on SLS 's left side. He repeats things because he heard them regurgitated by others, it sounded to him like a smart sound byte. Not that it isn't, but see, presenting a point in a way that encourages discussion requires a bit of cerebral strength. He could have easily, developed this into a fruitful discussion. So far, he's done nothing to convince me that he can.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
Well, I could say no, you're a "libertarian", so you're exempt. And I'm trying to think of something progressive that you are "for". Mostly it seems you want to regress to less government at almost any cost, let businesses run amok, etc.

A Republican vote is basically a thumbs down on whether life on Earth shall be given a chance. Global warming is coming to kill us all, and the GOP is entirely in favor of letting it happen, and making some money off of it, if possible.

Sorry, it's just that stark.

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"if you're a Christian you must be a Republican"

Which is silly, since by his own numbers something like 1/3 Christians identify as Democrats. Including the President.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24841 posts)
Pardon the typos I'm on my cell.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I gave gusher the benefit of doubt. Unfortunately, he has proven that he's no different than the hostile, angry low information individual who totes the liberal party line without any logical and/or factual reason. He hasn't touched on any specifics regardless of how many times he was asked to do so.

When he began demanding that people tell him if they are Christian it became apparent that in his limited view of the world, if you're a Christian you must be a Republican. I wonder if he realized that there is an entire world out there full of other religions.

In addition, gusher like so many (particularly)low information democrats, suffers from the usual, do as I say not as I do. Ex: when he lashed out at me first, claiming that called him names, claiming that forth grade called, that he does not interact with name callers. Then turned around and began insulting others, in fact, he defended his own potty mouth .

Sad really! I truly miss TBR and Fun!

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
"The 'conservatives' in this forum are in the same mold, in that they're never pro-anything; they're just anti-liberal."

While I will not dispute the fact that some are this way, please be fair. Do you really think I fit this mold?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24841 posts)
A lot of so-called Conservatives are not actually FOR anything, it seems. They coalesce around the idea of being ANTI everything that looks or sounds Liberal.

Take Rush Limbaugh -- please. I've never heard him come out in favor of anything whatsoever, except reducing taxes on the rich, and eliminating regulations on big business. Anything that so much as distracts from that objective is Too Liberal, and must be defeated.

The 'conservatives' in this forum are in the same mold, in that they're never pro-anything; they're just anti-liberal. Now I may be oversimplifying just a tad, but nothing has ever caught my attention that would be interpreted as a positive suggestion. Just "get rid of Obama" and such crap.

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"vabeach are you pro choice and for gay marriage ? "

My opinion on gay marriage is exactly the same as the President's. I support it, but I don't think it's an issue for the federal government. It's a state level issue and needs to be worked out (or not) there.

My opinion on abortion is simple: I don't like it, I'd rather it not happen, but I'm not going to stand in anyone's way and tell them they can't have one. If that's good enough to count as "pro choice" then so be it.

You're cherry picking issues that you think will paint me as a liberal. Why don't you try asking me about taxes, affirmative action, price controls, social programs and government spending and see if you call me a liberal then?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24841 posts)
- Nearly eight in 10 blacks (79 percent) say religion is very important in their lives, compared with 56 percent among all U.S. adults.

- Blacks attend religious services and pray more frequently than the general population. While 39 percent of all Americans report attending religious services at least once a week, 53 percent of blacks report the same.

- Similarly, while 58 percent of all Americans report praying at least once a day, 76 percent of blacks report praying daily.

- The vast majority of blacks are Protestant (78 percent), compared with 51 percent of the U.S. adult population as a whole.

From Reuters ---------------

52% of Blacks find abortion to be morally wrong, though they think it should be legal.

From Atlanta Blackstar -------------------------

Only 46% of blacks support gay marriage.

From Washington Post ------------------------

On the national level democrats get typically 90% of the black vote.

From National Review ------------------------

Conclusion, not every person follows a party line by the letter, and those morons that assume such are just that~~MORONS!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I rest my case!

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 103  Next »
461 to 470 of 1024
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.