Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it : Swingers Discussion 21594510401
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
GoTo Page: Less ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... More 
Start   401 to 410 of 773   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Should I pay a man a wage that will enable him to advance when the man tells me that he is not interested in advancing? "

Maritimers, did anyone actually tell you he does not want to advance financially? Maybe you are paraphrasing?

Lots of people don't want to be on call 24/7, or don't want to relocate when they have kids in school, or don't want to work unlimited hours on a fixed salary.

I've hardly ever met a person who " is not interested in advancing". But most people are wary of being exploited.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Your logic is improving Perf, but could use a bit more tweaking.

You seem to acknowledge that the underlying cause of the civil war was slave-related, but it is important to you to demonstrate that the north was motivated more by practical economic reasons than moral ones.

Fair enough. Applying this logic, consider what libs say about Iraq:

If Iraq did not have oil, the first Bush would never have intervened. Therefore the first Iraq war was not about preventing a rogue dictator from invading a neighboring state, it was only about oil.

The "causes" of any complex decision or event are generally wide and varied. The decision makers are usually influenced from multiple sources advancing different agendas. Even if the slave issue came to a head only because of the north's economic motivations, the fact remains that it did come to a head.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
"Isn't that sort of like saying our strategic interest in Kuwait is about money, not oil?"

Only if you're a greenie and want to ban oil.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16826 posts)
"In my opinion, that makes the war about money, not slavery."

Isn't that sort of like saying our strategic interest in Kuwait is about money, not oil? Both statements would be true, but one is more accurate.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10789 posts)
Mari, That is so true. Why are you going to pay people more money when they do not want to work to advance in their work.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Many slaves actually lived better than their non slave counterparts in the North, not that slavery should have been condoned. It is cheaper to pay a low wage, than it is to maintain property. Slave owners had to provide food, shelter, and medical care to keep their investment in top shape. Slaves were safer then the free blacks in cities like NYC, where they were hanged at random by the gangs. At least 100 blacks were killed during the NYC riots, and they were killed by the Yankees just because they were black.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
One hand washes the other. If it was about money, them is was about money produced from slavery.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"It is slavery to pay any man a wage which doesn't allow that man to advance themselves..."

That's quite a reach Robert. I have many employees that earn a stable wage - enough to sustain a family and modest lifestyle, but really little more than that.

Only a few of these individuals show any desire to advance and plenty of them have told me over the years that they do not want the stress of added responsibility. They seem genuinely content to maintain a stable status-quo.

Should I pay a man a wage that will enable him to advance when the man tells me that he is not interested in advancing?

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
Bottom line......if the North could have prospered from Slavery as the South did, there would have not been a Civil War......at least not at that moment in history.

In my opinion, that makes the war about money, not slavery.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16826 posts)
Here is some consessions for you righties...

I will concede the fact that the civil war was not directly about slavery. It was economics, states rights and ownership... of other human beings as slaves.

The southern businessmen would lose a lot of money if they had to pay their workers a fair wage... So they liked slave labor instead.

The southerners were losing freedoms and right to to own another human being as property for the last 100 years... But I will not accept that we could have waited another 100 years to free the slaves slowly... Slavery isn't a social issue, it is a root issue of what it is to be human... To treat each other humanely. The southerner failed in this regard and continues to do so by their defense of the confederacy in any manner or issue what so ever.

Funny thing is, some states had mini rebellions over slavery long after the civil war was over. The coal fields where the coal miners rebellions took place.

This mentality to own things to such excesses that you would pay poorly or not at all your fellow man, who does your work for you needs to stop.

Technology has advanced to the point that medical tech does in fact saves and prolong life. To say that it isn't a need like food and water is to say that you have no use after a determined age and ought to die.... Hello logans run anyone?

It is slavery to pay any man a wage which doesn't allow that man to advance themselves. And it is not sane thinking to say that he ought not have had a family if he was not of means.

The human race not designed nor should we design ourselves to be so calious as to tell a parent that they must watch their children suffer and die when their exist medical technology which can save their lives... But you do not want to dig into your pockets to provide a fair days wage for their labors.

So we turn to the government, we turn to the government because you fail to provide and thus in your attempts to maintain all the wealth for yourselves. Though you may not legally own someone, you are still no better than a slave owner, for you own the worker none the less through their need to eat and try to save what family they have left.

It is because of your inability to accept your social responsibilities that we the people turn against you further and further with each new election, each new generation... Your numbers dwindle and ours swell.

Insanity dictates that you do not stop to examine yourself, to ask the question of why you are seen as the enemy of humanity. You do not want the answer and will not believe it when told the answer.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7359 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... More 
Start   401 to 410 of 773   End
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it