Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 102  Next »
201 to 210 of 1012
User Details are only visible to members.
The left wants to label the christian rights as the only conservatives I am a fiscal conservative.I believe in personal freedoms as is the conservative mantra with less intrusion of govt.Liberals are pro big govt believing they should have more control.This is why we see the conservatives predominant in swinging it is a personal freedom.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1159 posts)
I'm surprised no one has brought up The 8 I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts. There were originally 10, but captain Mosey dropped (or lost) 2 on his way down the side of Mount Salsa. Numbers 4 and 8 are most relevant to this discussion:

4) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity.

8) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses A Lot Of Leather/Lubricant/Las Vegas. If the other person is into it, however (Pursuant To #4), then have at it. Take Pictures. But for the love of Mike, wear A CONDOM!

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
~~It is my belief, after experience in these fora, that most 'conservatives' are rule-based, relying and religious ideals and precepts to assume their attitudes, and projecting their supposed moral authority onto others they choose to demean.~~

Society is rule based, without that base we would have distorted ourselves long ago. So this is not just a conservative trait.

Everyone follows the ideals that resonate with them, and no two people truly have the same ones. Everyone takes from the pot and twists them just enough to fit their idea of a perfect life/society. This in no way makes their ideals less ideal for them and they are all that truly needs to hold their ideals important anyway.

People project onto others all the time, tbh I believe there aren't many people who can interact with others without projecting, since most people only understand through the filter of their own life/experiences. To say this is only a conservative trait is close-minded.

Demeaning/bulling/trolling/finding a way to step on others to feel better about ones self perceived shortcomings........ is not a conservative or liberal problem it's a self esteem problem and one that sits on both sides of the line.

Still don't understand why anyone would want to tell an entire group of people they are not welcome to this lifestyle because they don't hold the same exact views as you on political issues.

Username hidden
(38 posts)
~~It is my belief, after experience in these fora, that most 'conservatives' are rule-based, relying and religious ideals and precepts to assume their attitudes, and projecting their supposed moral authority onto others they choose to demean.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8304 posts)
. When I used the Ten Commandment reference as a reference to Christian admonition not to 'covet your neighbor's wife,' it reveals a progressive concept most often denounced by conservatives.

It's funny that you choose to include the word covet since it means to wrongfully or culpably desire another's property to the point of disregarding the others rights.

If I'm not mistaken every couple would be against this type of relationship, unless it played into their personal kink.

Still not sure why the hate between party lines, or why anyone would want to convince one person or another that they shouldn't follow their desires. Isn't that what brings people to swinging?

Username hidden
(38 posts)
``It seems a few of you who are new to these fora have not experienced the past insults and condemnations of 'liberals' of those 'conservatives' who portray themselves as swingers. A few here still use the term 'liberal' as an attack-and-insult tactic to demean the opinions and experiences of 'progressives.'

Referring to conservatives as being open-minded to a variety of 'progressive' ideals seems innately contradictory for this reason. When I used the Ten Commandment reference as a reference to Christian admonition not to 'covet your neighbor's wife,' it reveals a progressive concept most often denounced by conservatives.

We of the Church Of Amor are progressive in our relational ideals, which most often receives the condemnation of established religious authority. We believe our ideals represent 'swinging culture' more than those of conservative/religious devotees.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8304 posts)
It seems to me that anyone who is a swinger, has some ability to think outside the normal way of thinking and hasn't been completely brainwashed by society's definitions at least when it comes to sex. So many of the people I know in the lifestyle can't actually be fully matched up to the standard political views. Atheist liberals who are prolife. Conservative baptists who are pro-choice and for Obamacare. Pro-second amendment anti-corporatists. Pro-business feminists. To think swinging is just for liberals is ridiculous.

The other reason I think there is a preponderance of conservatives is that this can be a rather pricey hobby. It certainly helps to be in the upper income brackets.

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(276 posts)
Now why would you jump to that conclusion when it is clear that realist conservatives are better lovers than lefties who always miss their targets?

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2122 posts)
Z_Z-

Not sure why the Ten Commandments are in this discussion, unless you are only commenting on Jewish lifestyle members. I'm quite sure that for Christian republicans that set of laws was replaced by the one law set by Christ of "love one another as I have loved you".

I don't see any place where that says anything other than love people for who they are.

And to take it a step further.... If you are to love others, you do what you can to help them in their endeavors, so if a husband and wife wants to enjoy carnal desires with you and you feel you are able to help them, without hurting yourself, and do so you are following the one law that trumps all others.

Just my .02 to stir the pot

Ignore the runon.....

Username hidden
(38 posts)
~~Oh, Political Deceit! How cleverly devoted are the morals of the Republicon-Party sheeple to the values they proclaim, while denouncing others of another political party who actually represent the lifestyle they covet.

In reality, Republic-con Party sheeple 'covet their neighbors wife' which is forbidden one of those perpetual Ten Commandments of the Old Testament.

Yes, boys and girls, conswervative swingers represent those whose claim they are the 'moral majority' while desiring the same carnal desires as the 'liberals' whose political ideals they overtly proclaim to despise.

We can hear the Mormon Crackerbarrel Choir singing praises to the 'conswervative values' of polygamy everytime a Republic-con Party devotee tries to explain the cultural dissonance in moral values.``

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8304 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 102  Next »
201 to 210 of 1012
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.