Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
TOPIC: Conservative_Swingers_sorry_I_just_don't_get_it
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 102  Next »
181 to 190 of 1012
User Details are only visible to members.
RTP, have you met Robert yet? He's a swell guy with lots of interesting ideas.

After you introduce yourself to him, you may want to check out the "Bang Head Here" thread.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Well, I got tired of his bullshit and blocked him. Made me feel better that day.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2124 posts)
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

--Magnitude of dissonance--

The amount of dissonance produced by two conflicting cognitions or actions (as well as the subsequent psychological distress) depends on two factors:

1. The importance of cognitions: The more elements that are personally valued, the greater the magnitude of the dissonant relationship; 2. Ratio of cognitions: The proportion of dissonant to consonant elements.

The pressure to reduce cognitive dissonance is a function of the magnitude of said dissonance. Cognitive dissonance theory is founded on the assumption that individuals seek consistency between their expectations and their reality. Because of this, people engage in a process called dissonance reduction to bring their cognitions and actions in line with one another. This creation of uniformity allows for a lessening of psychological tension and distress. According to Festinger, dissonance reduction can be achieved in four ways.[1] In an example case where a person has adopted the attitude that they will no longer eat high fat food, but eats a high-fat doughnut, the four methods of reduction are: Change behavior or cognition ("I will not eat any more of this doughnut") Justify behavior or cognition by changing the conflicting cognition ("I'm allowed to cheat every once in a while") Justify behavior or cognition by adding new cognitions ("I'll spend 30 extra minutes at the gym to work this off") Ignore or deny any information that conflicts with existing beliefs ("This doughnut is not high in fat")

{We of the Krewe appreciate and acknowledge the importance of Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance, which focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. It is an essential 'pirate pleasure' element within our Church of Amor}

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8378 posts)
{A re-emphasis of a core concept}

~~Conswervatives demonstrate cognitive dissonance in their attempts to prove their claims of moral and political superiority, just as religious cult leaders do to control their sheeple.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8378 posts)
I find his schtick very amusing.

Especially the way it drives some people crazy.

Which is, of course, his intent, as near as I can tell.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19910 posts)
Z is a character, not a person. Of course, a person is behind this, but Z is always "in character" and is remarkably consistent in his application of said character. When you're talking to Z you're talking to the character, not the person. It's like meeting Rowan Atkinson, but he stays Mr. Bean the whole time.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
Soo, I'm guessing that punchline it been looking for was really just me?

Now I feel quite silly that I engaged them. Lol

Username hidden
(38 posts)
One more screename to block for the Z no cost to that one .Not my first rodeo on that one I just don't live on these boards .

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1160 posts)
"spellings and eloquent writings". Is that todays politically correct way of saying "Bullshit"?

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
LMAO

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 102  Next »
181 to 190 of 1012
TOPIC: Conservative Swingers sorry I just don't get it
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.