Connecticut School Shootings : Swingers Discussion 2134391071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConnecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Texas

In 2009, Texas had 402,914 active licensees,[112] constituting roughly 2.4% of the state's population that is 21 years of age or older.[1

* Since the outset of the Texas right-to-carry law, the Texas murder rate has averaged 30% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 28% lower.[115]

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Florida

As of July 31, 2010, Florida has issued 1,825,143 permits and has 746,430 active licensees,[105] constituting roughly 5.4% of the state's population that is 21 years of age or older.[106]

* Since the outset of the Florida right-to-carry law, the Florida murder rate has averaged 36% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 15% lower.[108]

* From the outset of the Florida right-to-carry law through July 31, 2010, Florida has revoked 5,674 or 0.3% of all issued permits. Of these:

• 522 permits were revoked for crimes committed prior to licensure

• 4,955 permits were revoked for crimes committed after licensure, of which 168 involved the usage of a firearm.[109]

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
takes a squawk on the wild side...

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Dude you need to stop the bat shit crazy rambling. I am not going to bother with your crap. And stop trying to put words in mouth that I did not say. I made my statements very clear. They just don't happen to be what you want to hear. Stop posting like a lunatic, and I might, I say I might humor your pithy tirades.

Get the fuck over it.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Yes, when FJ thinks someone is a liberal he argues with them even when they agree with him. He knows how to parrot propaganda, but he seems incapable of forming original thoughts or understanding two sides of an argument.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
You keep sidestepping and name calling. ...I'll rephrase the question and still be a liberal for the sake of argument.

I get that you want people to agree with you (that's the point of a debate), all I'm asking for is for you to clearly state what it is you are standing for and why do you want others behind you?

Again, we actually agreed on something (the ending paragraph of my last lengthy post said the exact same thing about personal responsibility in regards to keeping a weapon out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them) but you can't bear the thought of agreeing with someone you've now labeled as a liberal so you resort to calling me names and accusing me of wanting to "subjugate people into classes of mental health".

You say bat shit crazy people are always going to do bat shit crazy things and you can't change or fix that. Again, I am 100% in complete agreement with you. So we can move on from that as well.

You talk of personal responsibility. How do you define personal responsibility? Is it my personal responsibility to stop a violent crime I happen upon, or the person who's being violated since I'm not personally involved? Should I make it my personal responsibility and get involved and if so in what capacity? Do I whip out my AR-15 and start pumping rounds into the violator? Considering that in your version of "Utopia" everyone has an AR-15 so if I start shooting at the violator, the violator will obviously start shooting at me with his AR-15. Now, given that scenario, how many "bystanders" with they're own AR-15's and their own personal responsibilities will also join in on this little soiree we have going? Who's personal responsibility is it to stop shooting first? You offer up a real pressure cooker of an idea and then don't put a thing in the pot to cook. C'mon man. I have more respect for you than that and I know you can do better.

Are you saying it's every gun owners personal responsibility to care for and protect whats his? Because that's an idea I can get behind 100% too. I'd dare say that's pretty much gospel truth spoken from the mouth of the little baby Jesus. So again, we can be in complete agreement on that point.

Would you then say that it's a gun owners personal responsibility to ensure his weapon never gets into the hands of someone who is bat shit crazy? And if you do agree that it's the weapons owner who ultimately holds that responsibility, what would be the ramifications if that person didn't do their due diligence and keep that weapon safe and secure? Because now I'm trusting in YOUR personal responsibility to keep Mr. Crazycatlady from getting access to your weapon...Or is it now MY personal responsibility to watch out for your personal responsibilities when you take a lunch break?

Make your point without name calling or labeling please. Neither of us is currently a 15 year old who's thin skin can't take a little abuse.

Long Beach CA

Username hidden
(1755 posts)
A. All mentally ill people are not dangerous. B. Some supposed sane people are dangerous. C. Government cannot protect you or anybody else unless they are there at the time of a crime. D. Some people never convicted of a crime are dangerous. E. Some people convicted of crimes are not dangerous. F. Except for children everybody is responsible for their own safety. G. No matter how many mentally ill are locked up, or people jailed there will always be crimes. H. There is no magic ouji board to predict who will commit a crime or who will be a victim. I. In most circumstances the police are not responsible for your safety. J. Law abiding citizens do not commit crimes. K. Criminals, terrorists, and violent nut cases do not care about laws. L. Most liberals are idiots, the rest are morons.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
"I'd like to know how you plan on arming people without knowing (through some form of testing) what kind of mental state they have, and how you plan on protecting every corner of every place all the time, including those places that already have "safe zones" that turned out to be not so safe..."

Typical liberal~~understands nothing of personal responsibility, wants a Utopia where everybody is marked and labelled. And everything is warm and fuzzy.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
You're dodging the question and most of my post to simply "call me out as a liberal".

Ok, If it helps move the debate along, I'll be a liberal. So to recap.

I'm a liberal. I don't want to ban guns. I don't want to take away your right to own guns. I don't think it's necessary to arm everyone to protect everyone.

That about covers what we have now covered in depth, no?

So lets move on to your ideas and plans.

I'd like to know how you plan on arming people without knowing (through some form of testing) what kind of mental state they have, and how you plan on protecting every corner of every place all the time, including those places that already have "safe zones" that turned out to be not so safe...

Long Beach CA

Username hidden
(1755 posts)
There are armed guards at the gates of bases, and military police that patrol just like any other location. BUT the bases are gun free zones for the rest of the military and dependents, and there was nobody armed at the location of the shooting, as per base and Army regulations.

Stop trying to tell fibs.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings