Connecticut School Shootings : Swingers Discussion 21343910701
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConnecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   701 to 710 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm not attempting to insult you but your choice of words outdoor would indicate you have very little practical experience with guns. This isn’t a problem as I feel if you don’t want to own or use a gun then that’s fine. The grim reality is that the average assailant can be shot multiple times without actually stopping him/her. Six rounds can be insufficient to stop someone or you may be faced with multiple people who intend to harm you or others.

I think your last statement further strengthens my argument. If someone drew a gun at a stop light and threatened me with it, then my use of a firearm to protect myself would be a lawful use of that gun and further justify my carrying of it.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(87 posts)
The Lott and Kleck studies are, as we say in the stats world, crap.

Almost completely worthless except as fodder for gun nuts.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
"... lawful use of firearms far outweighs criminal use."

How would we know how many lives have been saved with firearms? I'm talking about regular citizens with guns, saving lives. Not police, not armed forces.

And again, the guns that are designed to kill many people, not just the lone gunman. What's the balance of innocent lives lost vs saved with these weapons?

VB, that page was "unavailable".

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"You can't just round up everyone who's moody or unfriendly..."

That would certainly include everyone who's stockpiling weapons, so as to be able to protect their stockpile of weapons.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No reply to the question of how often automatic, semi-automatic, whatever you may call them -- say guns capable of more than 6 shots without reloading -- are necessary to prevent crimes.

Do those crime prevention statistics include law enforcement personnel? Do they include 2 fools at a stop light, each brandishing a weapon?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Lots of times people around the shooter will say they saw it coming, but without some lawbreaking, what can be done."

My father and I were actually discussing this topic. We probably all know people who, if they did such a thing, the media could find people who would say "They were a loner... quick to anger... antisocial..." etc. There are millions of people like this. The vast majority of them never do anything like this. Many people are outright crazy - but until they do something (or are clearly about to do something) dangerous (and most never do), you can't act.

You can't just round up everyone who's moody or unfriendly, or talks to their giant rabbit friend.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20208 posts)
Not so fast outdoor. John Lott and Gary Kleck have both dones studies that show the lawful use of firearms far outweighs criminal use. There are other studies as well so feel free to look them up. Even if you dont accept the final numbers they state, if you are thinking logically then you have to give weight to the fact that guns are used to save lives and prevent crimes not just commit them.

It may seem counter intuitive to some but banning guns will not bring us as a nation more safety.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(87 posts)
I agree completely tbr.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20208 posts)
This is only peripherally a gun issue.

Sure, there are tons of guns in circulation.

How do you identify those that are likely to do something like this? Most of the time, the person has had their firearm for years, has no serious record, but some kind of stress becomes overwhelming and they snap. How the he'll are we supposed to foresee that? Lots of times people around the shooter will say they saw it coming, but without some lawbreaking, what can be done.

On the other hand, there is no efficient method of keeping firearms out of the hands of those that should not have them, be they mentally I'll, have a restraining order, or any other reason.

I don't see an easy, or even a difficult solution to this.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
1.5 million in 1994.

Source: Dept of Justice.

http s://w ww.ncjrs.g ov/pdffiles/165476. pdf

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20208 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   701 to 710 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings