Connecticut School Shootings : Swingers Discussion 21343910701
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConnecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   701 to 710 of 718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It seems that the weapon this guy had was a .223 caliber hunting rifle. The only gun control law that would have banned it is a total ban on guns.

It doesn't hold a lot of bullets. He actually brought 4 guns. When one ran out of bullets, he used another.

Arguments about assault weapons etc surrounding this are not relevant.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
Not so fun fact:

One of the colleges I consult for has an educational center on the site of the McDonald's shooting.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
Try again. I just tried and it worked. 3 spaces to remove.

As for "No reply to the question of how often automatic, semi-automatic, whatever you may call them -- say guns capable of more than 6 shots without reloading -- are necessary to prevent crimes. "

We've debunked this dumb argument 100 times, but what's one more?

How many mass-shootings in the United States have involved an automatic weapon?

I'll answer for you. Two. One in the 1970s, and one in 1984 at a McDonalds in California. It's been nearly 30 years. Many others have happened in other countries, however.

Meanwhile, every able-bodied adult male in Switzerland has a machine gun.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17523 posts)
It's not an insult at all to impute that someone has no experience with guns, explosives, nuclear waste, anthrax, or anything else with no purpose but destruction.

And thanks for the corroboration, az, that if another fool at a stop light pulls a gun and waves it at you because he didn't like your driving, you might also pull a gun and wave it. And there are 2 more "crime preventions with a gun" statistics.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Just for a little bit of context, a man in China stabbed 22 children in a school yesterday.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns just allow them to do it faster...

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
I'm not attempting to insult you but your choice of words outdoor would indicate you have very little practical experience with guns. This isn’t a problem as I feel if you don’t want to own or use a gun then that’s fine. The grim reality is that the average assailant can be shot multiple times without actually stopping him/her. Six rounds can be insufficient to stop someone or you may be faced with multiple people who intend to harm you or others.

I think your last statement further strengthens my argument. If someone drew a gun at a stop light and threatened me with it, then my use of a firearm to protect myself would be a lawful use of that gun and further justify my carrying of it.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(87 posts)
The Lott and Kleck studies are, as we say in the stats world, crap.

Almost completely worthless except as fodder for gun nuts.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
"... lawful use of firearms far outweighs criminal use."

How would we know how many lives have been saved with firearms? I'm talking about regular citizens with guns, saving lives. Not police, not armed forces.

And again, the guns that are designed to kill many people, not just the lone gunman. What's the balance of innocent lives lost vs saved with these weapons?

VB, that page was "unavailable".

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"You can't just round up everyone who's moody or unfriendly..."

That would certainly include everyone who's stockpiling weapons, so as to be able to protect their stockpile of weapons.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
No reply to the question of how often automatic, semi-automatic, whatever you may call them -- say guns capable of more than 6 shots without reloading -- are necessary to prevent crimes.

Do those crime prevention statistics include law enforcement personnel? Do they include 2 fools at a stop light, each brandishing a weapon?

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   701 to 710 of 718   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings