Connecticut School Shootings : Swingers Discussion 21343910681
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConnecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   681 to 690 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree.

I'll even go as far as to replace the word "Many" with "Too many". Obviously, we wish nobody ever did such things.

I wasn't trying to nitpick at your words. I was trying to emphasize that an extremely visible minority (people who go on killing rampages) sits at the front of our minds, while the overwhelming majority (people who don't) tend to be forgotten.

I got your point, tbr, and don't disagree with you. I do, however, fear that slight misuses of language (like the word "many") cause *some* people to run with it and to propagate the notion that this is a country teeming with mass murderers, thus getting public support for their cause de jour.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19058 posts)
The vast majority of hot dogs are eaten without killing anyone. Therefore, if a few thousand or million hot dogs are contaminated with e coli or salmonella, we should not care or do anything about it.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
One May quibble with the word many. Fair enough.

Certainly the majority of people that suffer some setback do not go on a shooting rampage. Some drink, or abuse drugs, or beat their wife, or kick the dog. And some put on their big boy panties and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

However, I will stand by the central premise of my statement, with the exception of maybe using the word "some" rather than "many."

There is too much dysfunction in the world to rationally think any other way...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
"Many Americans lack the ability to handle adversity... "

Bullshit, most Americans handle adversity as well as possible without resorting to violence. Do you really think that everybody that loses a job, spouse, gets sick goes over the deep end. These nut cases are but a small portion of society, there have always been nut cases, who use adversity to kill, or to go on a rant with their agenda. They are coming out of the gun control woodwork, taking full advantage of the tragedy.

If what you claim is true almost everybody would be slain by almost everyone, damn TBR you are smarter than popping up with something that stupid.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"You have a right to own a firearm, and you have a responsibility to keep it out of the hands of idiots."

- Agree 100%

"Most of these incidents happen after some kind of setback. Divorce, loss of job, etc."

-Also agree, or at least it certainly seems that way.

"Many Americans lack the ability to handle adversity... "

Define "many".

"Many" people suffer terrible losses. Millions of people every year lose their child or spouse, get divorced, get fired, lose their home, or any number of big setbacks. The gigantic majority of them *do* handle it, without resorting to something like this.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19058 posts)
"No reply to the question of how often automatic, semi-automatic, whatever you may call them -- say guns capable of more than 6 shots without reloading -- are necessary to prevent crimes. ""

Fine. I don't know. What difference does it make?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19058 posts)
I'm gonna throw two more things into the mix...

I hear a lot of people talking about their rights, but very few talking about their responsibilities. You have a right to own a firearm, and you have a responsibility to keep it out of the hands of idiots.

And...

Most of these incidents happen after some kind of setback. Divorce, loss of job, etc.

Many Americans lack the ability to handle adversity...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
Very well said tbr.

Outdoors, are you saying that a firearm is a weapon of mass destruction?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"As for "No reply to the question of how often automatic, semi-automatic, whatever you may call them -- say guns capable of more than 6 shots without reloading -- are necessary to prevent crimes. " We've debunked this dumb argument 100 times, but what's one more?

How many mass-shootings in the United States have involved an automatic weapon? I'll answer for you. Two. One in the 1970s, and one in 1984 " ======== Are you answering a question that you choose to answer, rather than the one I asked? Do you only like to reply to "dumb arguments"? And this explains why my question must go unanswered?

Were Gabrielle Giffords and several others not shot with a gun or guns that release more than 6 bullets without reloading?

I don't give a flying fuck whether a gun is classified as an "assault weapon", an "automatic weapon" or anything else. I doubt that you would either, if some gun nut is firing away in your direction.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"To blame guns for such an undeniable tragedy is tantamount to blaming a victim of rape for having worn too short a skirt."

---Sends forum participant to analogy class.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19058 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   681 to 690 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings