Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Connecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   651 to 660 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Good I agree there are many people who should not carry a gun, bicycle chain for instance. I do think that the responsibility for sane responsible people safety rests squarely on their own shoulders. The SCOTUS just happens to agree with me, for now.

Just like storms, tragedies will happen, there will be nut cases that slip through the cracks. The media does not help by making celebrities out of these nut cases, but the first amendment is as important as the rest. We could help by turning off the news before it becomes hysteria, and possibly promoting copy cats.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19553 posts)
I'm nodding my head in agreement with all of tbr's posts here. Except one- I am pro gun, and I absolutely do not advocate everyone carry a firearm.

Yeah, I know, the whole "many" versus "some" discussion. Seems *many* trying to make a point (myself included) will often choose a word to catalyze the emotions of others. Especially true when something like this happens.

IMO the issue in any murder, but especially murder of innocent people with no prior interraction with the murderer is psychological.

It's pretty damn tough to predict someone's emotional/psycholigical state. I believe psychology is an inexact science and it is impossible to predict with 100% accuracy how anyone will behave on any given day.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I notice nobody is complaining about the constant slaughter of children in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19553 posts)
Sar,

Are you deliberately being obtuse? there are gun controls in place. You attempting to use this tragic incident to advance your agenda is repulsive.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
*I notice nobody wants to deal with the fact that countries teeming with automatic weapons such as Switzerland have very low murder rates.*

Ditto for Israel.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
I've pointed this out before too.....

These things happen in other countries, including ones with much more stringent gun control laws.

I don't know of a single American who knows of the Dawson college shooting in 2006 in Montreal (20 victims). A few might know of the Ecole Polytechnique shooting in 1989 (28 victims, also Montreal).

My Dad was a police officer in Canada. Finding guns was par for the course with criminals and almost unheard of with everyone else, except rifles for outdoorsy types.

His opinion is that the possession of a firearm is the most reliable indicator that someone is a criminal of some kind. Only the criminals have guns. And almost *all* criminals have guns.

I notice nobody wants to deal with the fact that countries teeming with automatic weapons such as Switzerland have very low murder rates.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
Well either have gun control or accept mass shooting in schools as part of our daily life and stop making it a big deal..same as say hospital mortality rates.

New York NY
Username hidden
(328 posts)
In the last 30 years, there have been 61 shootings across the USA in which at least four people have been killed. Eleven of those incidents, took place at schools.

In each case, those who are in support of outlawing guns will naturally pound their chest and proclaim that lax gun laws are to blame. They will overlook the fact that in many of these cases the person was mentally disturbed. They will shamelessly disregard the elephant in the room, that there is NO WAY to identify such people ahead of the incident. They will disgustingly try to advance their idiotic agenda, riding the coattail of the tragic incident without as much as a blink of an eye.

There is no way to guess or identify where, when or whom will carry out such a massacre. The ONLY thing that we can do, is think of ways to protect ourselves in such a situation, perhaps create a workable plan to minimize casualties.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
Va:

I agree, mass media repeats the story for days to weeks. This creates the idea that this happens more often than they do and that these things have happened long before mass media.

Again the gun is the idiots weapon and to ban it is to force them to think... A thinking person committed to killing is worst than a idiot with a gun. The number of dead can be less with a gun Vrs a OK city like bombing of a crowded public place.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7706 posts)
"These mass-murder weapons are relatively new."

Mass murder is not relatively new. Nor does it always require guns.

A car can be a mass-murder weapon and has been used as such. So can gasoline.

This kind of shit has been going on for a long time. It's the media that has made it into what it is.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Start   651 to 660 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings