Connecticut School Shootings : Swingers Discussion 21343910121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsConnecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Maritimers.

You're all over the map. It's difficult to follow your thoughts

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17158 posts)
PM, I expect moronic discourse from FJ, disappointed to see it from you as well. ---- You appear to have accurately identified the Militia Act provisions as they exist today. You cited the U.S. Code sections under Title 10. And your point is? ----- All the language of those sections come from the Dick Act, NOT the Militia Act of 1792. That was MY point here and FJ disagrees with it. He can not defend his silly position with a citation to the Code (because there is none), instead he says nonsensical things, insults me and repeats his truly childish comments about liberals. ----- Dude, just to be clear I will say it again - you posted the Code provisions that were laid out in the Dick Act. These Code provisions from the Dick Act completely replaced the 1792 Militia Act and repealed many of its operative principles, including the statutory requirement that men of a certain age possess a firearm and ammunition. ----- I never remotely doubted the existence of a militia. If you can follow the thread, you will see I merely asked an innocent question - nothing partisan - just throwing out there whether Congress would have a right to compel gun owners to join militias. FJ suggested I read the 1792 Militia Act, which I then looked up and simply pointed out had been repealed by the Dick Act. (I have come to realize that better wording might have been "repealed in part and otherwise replaced or superseded.") ----- My argument with FJ is pure nonsense. He is an idiot who can not follow the thread of logic. His knee-jerk brain thinks I was questioning the existence of a militia or challenging gun rights, even though I was doing neither. ------ I took his advice and looked up the Militia Act of 1792 to see if it shed light on the innocent question I had asked. I have only engaged in the argument with FJ because I enjoy writing about a small part of what I just learned. ------ You cut and pasted and commented on the Dick Act accurately, yet act oblivious to the point of my disagreement with FJ - that the Militia Act of 1792 is not the law of the land, the Dick Act is. ------ "2-0" What a laugh. We do not even have an argument, yet you claim you win.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Maritimers is 0-2 today

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17158 posts)
TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES Subtitle A - General Military Law PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

-HEAD- Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes

-STATUTE- (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are - (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

-SOURCE- (Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14; Pub. L. 85-861, Sec. 1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103-160, div. A, title V, Sec. 524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656.)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17158 posts)
The role of militia, also known as military service and duty, in the United States is complex and has transformed over time.[1] The term militia can be used to describe any number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these fall into:

The organized militia created by the Militia Act of 1903, which split from the 1792 Uniform Militia forces, and consist of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked.

Constitution - Article II - The Executive Branch Section 2 - Clause 1:The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States when called into the actual service of theUnited States. [Article 2,Section 2 of the US Constitution]...

The reserve militia[3] or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia.(that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft). Former members of the armed forces up to age 65 are also considered part of the "unorganized militia" per Sec 313 Title 32 of the US Code.[2]

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17158 posts)
"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the militia shall consist of every able-bodied male citizen of the respective States, Territories, and the District of Columbia, and every able-bodied male of foreign birth who has declared his intention to become a citizen, who is more than eighteen and less than forty-five years of age, and shall be divided into two classes—the organized militia, to be known as the National Guard of the State, Territory, or District of Columbia, or by such other designations as may be given them by the laws of the respective States or Territories, and the remainder to be known as the Reserve Militia."

From the Dick Act~~Liberals are morons!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19448 posts)
Read the Dick Act moron, your answer is in there, it does not invalid the previous acts and reaffirms the militia, the only change is the creation of the national guard. The militia outside the guard is still there. But you are too much of a fool to read it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19448 posts)
Now try to stop being a parrot and simply identify the section of the U.S. Code containing the provisions of the 1792 Act.

If you can't, just say so. There is no reason to cling to misinformation. Only an ignoramus does that.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
I could not find the Dick Act online and would be happy to take a quick look.

On the other hand, I have read the U.S. Code and see in Title 10 where certain provisions of the Dick Act has been codified. I could not find anywhere that the 1792 Act is still codified.

Surely you know that the 1792 Act required certain male citizens to own firearms and ammunition. Surely you know that this provision is no longer the law. That means it was what FJ?

Replaced, removed, repealed, eliminated, stricken.

Rednecks are too stubborn to recognize the obvious.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Now try to stop being a parrot and simply identify the section of the U.S. Code containing the provisions of the 1792 Act.

If you can't, just say so. There is no reason to cling to misinformation. Only an ignoramus does that.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings