Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Connecticut School Shootings
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 712   End
User Details are only visible to members.
More stats

54% of firearm-related deaths occurred in the home where the gun was kept 70.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved handguns 0.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved an intruder shot while attempting entry 1.8% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) were judged by police as self-defense there were 1.3 times as many accidental firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings there were 4.6 times as many criminal firearm-related homicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings there were 37 times as many suicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings.

THIS is especially telling..... 0.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved an intruder shot while attempting entry

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
PM69...I have read every study Kellerman has published cover to cover...the NRA has spend MILLIONS over two decades to attempt to discredit them, and have failed miserably They were universally praised by peer review, with the exception of John Lott, whose "more guns = less crime" study was SO panned by peer review and so soundly debunked he almost lost his tenure at the U of C.

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
"I'm certain that Outdoors, CT, and Party haven't read the studies mentioned in the piece. I'm also pretty certain that none of them have the ability to determine if these 'studies' are credible. "

I would willing to add that I doubt between all of them they couldn't muster enough brain power to read and follow the instructions on a ramen noodle package, must less understand if anything is actually credible from the things I read them say. Which is why they are blocked and can no longer read the drivel.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Perfect, all that talk about reading the studies, just confuses people with fact.

Look at the whole Magazine/ clip misinformation, there is still a great debate in NY whether my clips for a Garand are legal or not. I have Called the NYSP Gun Unit 3 times now and have gotten 3 different answers. So I purged everything until I get relief from The amendment to the law awaiting senate approval, or we have the new home built one state to the west.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
Lookinng

I'm certain that Outdoors, CT, and Party haven't read the studies mentioned in the piece. I'm also pretty certain that none of them have the ability to determine if these 'studies' are credible.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Perfect, I guess they accept wiki as a gospel too then?

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9724 posts)
"Outdoors, I commend you (and others who do so) for defending their positions with facts and figures. "

That's hilarious. Quoting Mother Jones, a left wing blog, who cited ZERO sources in there piece is NOT using facts and figures. Liberals here have no clue how to back up their BS with a source.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
"... list of myths, is really amazing and eye opening..."

To be clear, that's from Mother Jones. motherjones.c om/politics/2013/01/pro-gun-myths-fact-check

Go to the article to see most entries accompanied by graphics and other illustrations.

Is Mother Jones a legitimate source of information? Also showing: - To Recruit Cops, the NRA Dangles Freebies Paid for by Gun Companies - Humans Have Already Set in Motion 69 Feet of Sea Level Rise - Gun Enthusiasts' Hot New Idea: You Can't Regulate Guns We Make In-State - Want to Buy a Gun Without a Background Check? Armlist Can Help - The GOP's Plan to Rig the Electoral College, Explained - "A Killing Machine": Half of All Mass Shooters Used High-Capacity Magazines

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
" But Myth # 4 is a flat out lie. The active shooter in the mall outside Portland shot himself in the head, after he saw a gun pointed at him. And that is just one of many."

Did the pointed gun prevent the gunman from shooting anyone? Or did it prevent any additional deaths? As you say, many of these shooting sprees go on until the police arrive, and then it's a suicide.

Here's the alleged "flat out lie" -- "Myth #4: More good guys with guns can stop rampaging bad guys. Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0 • Chances that a shooting at an ER involves guns taken from guards: 1 in 5"

To me, this means literally that "more good guys with guns" will put a stop to the bad guys. That's the Myth. The fact that many guards lose their guns to killers would suggest that in fact MORE deaths may be the result of more armed guards.

The "fact-check" probably should read: "Mass shootings *prevented *... etc. " All shootings eventually stop.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
myths are amazning.but truth can be fleeting if you don't know how to see the truth.do some research on porpagada and how it is used to baffle people and feed them lies...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 712   End
TOPIC: Connecticut School Shootings