Congressional Body Slam of the Day : Swingers Discussion 73242101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsCongressional Body Slam of the Day
TOPIC: Congressional Body Slam of the Day
Created by: AusTexFunGuy The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
I still find it hard to believe that state officials in any state do not control the codes and/or access to voting machines. That would be either stupid or naive, and I find in today's political climate that very rarely are government officials truly stupid or naive.

Therefore I stand by my belief that it is a leap to suggest O'Dell's comments were anything other then his personal support for our President.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Aus - you are correct Nevada in 2002 went to the Sequoia Edge machines across the entire state. I had to call Carson City because I was under the impression that the machines I voted on were Diebold. I was informed that in the Presidential elections of 2000 and 1996, in my district they were, but from 2002 on, the state felt a standarized voting system with the same voting machines was better. The person I spoke with stated Diebold, as well as 7 other companies, put up a bid, but the Sequoia bid was the one accepted.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I don't know how Florida does it, but here in Nevada the voting machines are recalibrated through a bi-partisan committee and once sold to the state Diebold has NO access to the codes. The codes are changed before each election. Diebold may make the voting machines, but they are controlled and calibrated by state monitored personnel.

I think making the leap that O'Dell's comments in support of and being committed to having his state reelect President Bush is taking things way out of context. Just because he sold a product to the state, does not mean he has continued access to them. Doesn't any citizen of the U.S. have the right to support an campaign for the candidate of their choice? Regardless of what company they work for?

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Congressional Body Slam of the Day